Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Desire: IMEI on phone does not match on box?

Tip us?

HoneyBeFly
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default T-Mobile Desire: IMEI on phone does not match on box?

To those who have the T-Mobile HTC Desire, is your IMEI number on your phone the same with the one on the packaging box? Mine do not match

cez10
Old
Thanks Meter 21
LOL, where did you get it from? the official t-mobile shop or some retailer? I think you should contact them asap in case of further misunderstandings

StuMcBill
Old
Thanks Meter 101
You need to ask T-Mobile about that, I would be making sure that I had matching Box and Handset IMEI numbers, unless they can give you a very good reason why they are different?

HoneyBeFly
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it on Saturday from T mobile (upgrade). I just realised lol will call them

cez10
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
You need to ask T-Mobile about that, I would be making sure that I had matching Box and Handset IMEI numbers, unless they can give you a very good reason why they are different?
or they tell him it doesnt matter and the IMEI of the phone is the same with the one in their system

EroThraX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My IMEI matches so no problem here.

irkan
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
some operators can track the phone by the IMEI, so i guess if your phone have been stolen and went to the police station or the mobile service provider for help so they can track the mobile for you, the first thing they will ask is to see the IMEI and prove that its yours, probably through the package

so go to them and tell them about the mix up, atleast if something happened later on, you would have already mentioned it.

HoneyBeFly
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just called them and was told that they are gonna send me a new phone apparently. They are gonna call me back soon. Oh wells!