FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

T-Mobile Desire: IMEI on phone does not match on box?

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By HoneyBeFly, Member on 29th March 2010, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
To those who have the T-Mobile HTC Desire, is your IMEI number on your phone the same with the one on the packaging box? Mine do not match

29th March 2010, 06:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
LOL, where did you get it from? the official t-mobile shop or some retailer? I think you should contact them asap in case of further misunderstandings
29th March 2010, 06:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
You need to ask T-Mobile about that, I would be making sure that I had matching Box and Handset IMEI numbers, unless they can give you a very good reason why they are different?
29th March 2010, 06:38 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
I got it on Saturday from T mobile (upgrade). I just realised lol will call them
29th March 2010, 06:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill

You need to ask T-Mobile about that, I would be making sure that I had matching Box and Handset IMEI numbers, unless they can give you a very good reason why they are different?

or they tell him it doesnt matter and the IMEI of the phone is the same with the one in their system
29th March 2010, 06:45 PM |#6  
Brighton
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My IMEI matches so no problem here.
29th March 2010, 07:00 PM |#7  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
some operators can track the phone by the IMEI, so i guess if your phone have been stolen and went to the police station or the mobile service provider for help so they can track the mobile for you, the first thing they will ask is to see the IMEI and prove that its yours, probably through the package

so go to them and tell them about the mix up, atleast if something happened later on, you would have already mentioned it.
29th March 2010, 08:48 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Just called them and was told that they are gonna send me a new phone apparently. They are gonna call me back soon. Oh wells!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread