Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Solved] Messaging not working at all with 28230 and latest Rhodium OEMs

OP derliebewolf

30th March 2010, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
derliebewolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag world
Thanks Meter: 12
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Hi guys!

I'm a bit afraid of asking...but anyway.

I'm cooking for the Xperia X1 right now using osKitchen (newUI). The Kitchen is great and I already figured out a lot of tweaks. Currently I am using Build 28230 SYS/XIP and everything is fine. Except for one thing: Messaging is not working at all!

I can start the tmail.exe and see the account-selector. but I cannot open or compose a new message. Both email and text is affected. I already tried to leave out some OEMs that I do not need (cooking a ROM without Manila 2.5 but some HTC tools) but with no success.

Is some component missing for this or is one of the OEMs just incompatible? Of course I am not using the HTC Message_Enhancment, as it is slow and I do not like it...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going one / wrong here? Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!
30th March 2010, 03:25 PM   |  #2  
egzthunder1's Avatar
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,190
 
18,705 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derliebewolf

Hi guys!

I'm a bit afraid of asking...but anyway.

I'm cooking for the Xperia X1 right now using osKitchen (newUI). The Kitchen is great and I already figured out a lot of tweaks. Currently I am using Build 28230 SYS/XIP and everything is fine. Except for one thing: Messaging is not working at all!

I can start the tmail.exe and see the account-selector. but I cannot open or compose a new message. Both email and text is affected. I already tried to leave out some OEMs that I do not need (cooking a ROM without Manila 2.5 but some HTC tools) but with no success.

Is some component missing for this or is one of the OEMs just incompatible? Of course I am not using the HTC Message_Enhancment, as it is slow and I do not like it...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going one / wrong here? Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!

There is a module that you left out called webview.dll. Without this, you cannot see or compose any new mail/messages. It should be located either in BROWSING or in the root of the SYS.
Add it again in your kitchen and you will be in good shape again

Good luck!
30th March 2010, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
derliebewolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag world
Thanks Meter: 12
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Thanks man! You were right, I accidently forgot this package... I probably would never have found the real reason for this. Thanks a lot. I'm cooking now and reporting later after flash :)
31st March 2010, 10:38 AM   |  #4  
derliebewolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag world
Thanks Meter: 12
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
OK, that fixed the problem! I am now able to read text messages and create new ones. Anyway, wenn I click compose the window opens but nothing is clickable. the whole app seems to be "locked" somehow. WM icons and menus are working even though...

What a mess :) Any further suggestions?
31st March 2010, 11:45 PM   |  #5  
derliebewolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag world
Thanks Meter: 12
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
I think I found the fix. I used the latest SPRINT Rhodium ROM to get my sources and this is for cdma radio. Probably some cdma-specific packages caused the secon problem. Thanks anyway :)
10th September 2010, 04:23 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 185
 
3,008 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by derliebewolf

I think I found the fix. I used the latest SPRINT Rhodium ROM to get my sources and this is for cdma radio. Probably some cdma-specific packages caused the secon problem. Thanks anyway :)

Did you manage to find out the specific CDMA packages causing your sms problem?

I'm using packages from "RUU_Oboe_Dopod_CHS_1.04.706.2_Radio_0.90.00.0 826_ Ship" for my WWE Topaz and Rhodium using 25027. I don't cook in HTC message and HTC messenging client, i.e. just using MS email, when I want to create a new SMS, the SMS app closes. I tried using 24631 and got the same issue, that's why I narrowed the problem down to the Oboe packages.

I've read the above about the webview.dll, which is there. I also have arcsoft. So what else is causing my problem?
10th September 2010, 02:14 PM   |  #7  
derliebewolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag world
Thanks Meter: 12
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
I think your problem is not related to webview.dll at all. If you have some time my advice would be to cook a clean ROM with everything working and then enable all packages which could cause the issue one by one. This means a lot of flashing and testing, but I cannot tell you which package caued the problem...and I would suspect several packages in combination.

Sorry that might not be as helpfull as you expected :(

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
messaging, oskitchen, tmail.exe, wm6.5.3, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes