***EOL*** VBNFILES [No Ads/No Wait ... Only Free !]

Search This thread

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Latest News

06:30G - Network issue is resolved and VBN Server is back online !

Sep 27 - VBN File Server is facing network issues and DC Techs have been notified. ETA for resolution in 08:00 GMT 09/27
People are ending up with smaller than actual files and corrupt downloads. File Server app has been shutdown to prevent this. However, FTP service is still alive

Aug 27 : All image (png/bmp/jpg/gif) files have been removed from the xda/* repository...I still have backup of all of them...if anybody is missing them or didnt move them, please PM with the filenames and I will move them to your respective "images" folder

On Aug 26 - 10 AM Sing Time ALL image files hosted under xda/* folders will be removed permanently

VBNFILES was started as a free alternative for Chefs to host ROM and related cabs, etc. It is not a free image hosting alternative and such files put lot of connection load on the server software which interrupts smooth functioning and service.

All Chefs are adviced to take backup of their images asap.

Update on Images Cleanup :

A new virtual link (images) has been created under ftp root for each Chef. This is exclusively for image hosting. You can move all your images here using ftp.

For access use, http://178.63.69.46 or http://gallery.vbnfiles.com (domain may appear worldwide active in few hours)

These directories will periodically (every 15 mins) be checked for file extensions and only following are allowed in it : jpg bmp png gif (If you need others, please contact me asap)

As always, any concerns or queries dont hesitate to drop me an email or reply to this thread. Appreciate everyone's support in this matter.

Aug 21 - Emergency Server Move
10 PM Sing Time : New Server is fully operational now and domains also seem pointing correctly.

10 AM Sing Time : In light of the recent downtime and issues with VBNFILES, I decided to move the server to a better DC who care about their customers. This is a notice to all users of VBNFILES for emergency move which has been initiated.

On Current Server :
* FTP is closed
* Write Access via web is closed

Files are being moved over to new server and domains have been propogated which should reflect in next few hours. End-users should not face any downtime, however, there could be intermittent connection issues.

A new notice will be posted as soon as we are up and fully running from new server (Next 12 hours)

July 22 - Maintenance Notification
July 23 : Server is fully operational now. Any issues feel free to send me an email.

Jul 22
VBNFILES will be undergoing maintenance on July 23 during time 01:00GMT thru 11:00GMT

Uploads/Write access will be stopped at 01:00 GMT...Downloads will be open throughout but users may face intermittent connection issues and drops.

Please be patient and appreciate your support in this regards.

Repository Home

VBN Team
Current Members
Gavin (g_lewarne) : Administrator / Advisor
birkoffsjunk : Administrator / Advisor

Drop me a PM if you want to be a part of VBN !

For all positions, person should be willing to share direct email addresses and/or phone for direct and faster communications. If interested, please reply as PM with details on above requirement. For any doubts, feel free to drop me an email or in this thread.

DONATIONS
tonym07 - €€€ [Primary Benefactor]
g.lewarne - €€
diegis0n - €

Average 650GB worth of files being uploaded/downloaded daily ! From locations worldwide !
** PLEASE HELP ME KEEP THIS SERVICE ALIVE ** EVEN A €1 DONATION WILL HELP IT CONTINUE
* SERVER COSTS ME €210 MONTHLY !

MD5 Generation
As of July 13 :

Any file renamed with prefix MD5_ triggers a MD5 generation for that file. MD5 for all files which have been generated are now visible under column "Comments" in the web interface.

For web uploads, MD5 generation is triggered automatically after Upload Completes.

Fro ftp uploads, I am still working on auto trigger. For the time being, please after upload completes, rename the file with prefix MD5_

WM OS Builds
Click Here

Latest WM Builds being added in here for Mirror/Archive purposes.
Currently hosting :

* WM6.5 - 21909, 21911
* WM6.5.3 - 23128
* WM6.5.5 - 23569

Remote Pull
Process :

* Create a file with extension .pull example ... myfile.pull , rs.pull , etc.
* Using ftp upload this file to the directory where you want the final file to come in
* As soon as file is written, automation picks up the link from it and starts downloading in threaded mode (I have limited to 3 threads for now)
* Ogoing download will be visible via http in your folder with prefix "[RPULL-ACTIVE]" in the filename
* Once download is done, the filename prefix is removed which is indication that file is ready for download
* Temporary Common pull log : http://www.vbnfiles.com/xda/vbn/rpull.log

ToDo :

* Multiple links in 1 file [COMPLETED]
* More formatting for the input file
* Status page for multiple pulls

Radio Repository
Click Here

Leo_RADIO_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08 **(from TMOUS 2.09)
Leo_RADIO_15.33.50.07U_2.07.50.27 **(from TMOUS 2.07)
Leo_RADIO_15.29.50.07U_2.06.50.04 **(from TMOUS 2.02)
Leo_RADIO_15.28.50.07U_2.05.50.11 **(from TMOUS 2.01)
Leo_RADIO_15.31.50.07U_2.07.51.05 **(from HTC **???? )
Leo_RADIO_15.30.50.07U_2.06.51.07 **(from HTCWT 1.61)
Leo_RADIO_15.28.50.07U_2.05.51.05_2(from* HTC **1.48)
Leo_RADIO_15.26.50.07U_2.04.50_22_2(from HTC ** 1.43)
Leo_RADIO_15.36.50.07U_2.09.51.03_2 (from Dopod_CHS_1.73)
Leo_RADIO_15.36.5 0.07U_2.09.50.29_2 (from TMOUS_2.11.531.T1)
Leo_RADIO_15.37.50.07U_2.10.50.08_2 (from KR_1.74.911.2)
Leo_RADIO_15.37.50.07U_2.10.50.19_2 (from KR_1.77)
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.26 (from TMOUS_2.13.531.1)
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.28_2 (from KR_1.78.911.1)
Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.20 (from 3.01)
Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2 (from 3.02)
Leo_RADIO_2.14.50.04 (from TMOUS_3.14.531)

Last edited:

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
wow, man thats very kind of you!

if possible, how about allowing ftp uploads for chefs? would save you time and it would be self maintaining. what sort of storage limitations you have there?

Gavin :)

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
I am working on the FTP side now... will be ready soon. I'll send you a login via PM.

Also in the works is Remote Upload... i.e. chefs can provide links to Rapidshare, Hotfile and 4Shared and my server will pull the link and make it ready in appropriate folders for download. Once ready it will send an email to the chef saying that its ready. I am working on this automation actively now.

I got no storage limitation (as far file sharing goes :D) ... my server is with 1.5TB in Raid1 and almost 80% empty :)

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
I am working on the FTP side now... will be ready soon. I'll send you a login via PM.

Also in the works is Remote Upload... i.e. chefs can provide links to Rapidshare, Hotfile and 4Shared and my server will pull the link and make it ready in appropriate folders for download. Once ready it will send an email to the chef saying that its ready. I am working on this automation actively now.

I got no storage limitation (as far file sharing goes :D) ... my server is with 1.5TB in Raid1 and almost 80% empty :)

that is extremely generous of you, i cant believe you would do this! wow :)

can i ask, since ftp is not me area of expertise, is is possible that the server could generate a MD5 of uploaded files, so we can compare to our originals and ensure we get working files? crc errors are a biatch (especially for those of us with incredible unrelaible net connections).

Last edited:

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
that is extremely generous of you, i cant believe you would do this! wow :)

can i ask, since ftp is not me area of expertise, is is possible that the server could generate a MD5 of uploaded files, so we can compare to our originals and ensure we get working files? crc errors are a biatch.

I think its possible...I am trying to eliminate all the hassles involved in post-production of ROMs so that chefs can breathe easy and do what they do best "COOK"

Looking into this...will update you soon

Btw: I can send SMS also when file is done but it costs money...so I'll keep it for later

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
I think its possible...I am trying to eliminate all the hassles involved in post-production of ROMs so that chefs can breathe easy and do what they do best "COOK"

Looking into this...will update you soon

Btw: I can send SMS also when file is done but it costs money...so I'll keep it for later

Excellent :D (i have sent you a PM by the way)

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
COMING SOON FOR CHEFS

1. FTP Logins with no space restrictions
2. Remote Uploads from Rapidshare/Hotfile/4Shared
3. Email/SMS alerting when upload is done
4. Rendering of ROM pictures for each ROM file next to the file link (ROM pictures to be uploaded also by chef)

Last edited:

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
explanation of point 4? not sure what you mean :)

I know what you mean...just got confused myself reading it again :D

Anyways, its for later stage. Heres what I was thinking for later :

(1) ROM is uploaded to ftp along with few image files (img_ prefix)
(2) My file download/browsing script (under developement) will show each set of images next to the rom download link

Its mostly cosmetics actually

Also for remote download from other file hosts (RS/Hotfile/4S), I have this in plan :

(1) Simple text file with predefined paramater and formatting like ROM link, destination folder, etc.
(2) Chef uploads this simple text file using ftp
(3) My automation software detects in realtime and starts working on the download. It creates a status webpage in the same dir which can be viewed by the chef to see realtime download status

Please provide me ideas/inputs on the above. We can anyways tweak things whichever once in full flow

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Thank you...I am open to FTP login requests...strictly for ROMs and related stuff. Its not a file host !

The folders that are already created in "ROM" ... I have begun creating ftp logins and distributing to the chefs. Its upto them if they want to use it or not. If not, I will help upload stuff and keep it updated as much as I can

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
1. File pulls from Rapidshare and Hotfile are running smooth. 4Shared still buggy but I am on it.

Will release implementation this weekend (my office net blocks all sharing sites so cannot work during office hrs :( )

I will select one of the chefs to whom I have already sent the ftp logins and activate his/her folder for remote pull. After some testing (a couple of days and few files), I will activate on all remaining folders.

2. Statistics for File Downloads (Hits/Downloads/etc) - Still finding a proper solution. Linux is so much simpler but Windows ... aayyiiiaaayyiii

3. SMS for file uploaded/new rom available to end users/etc. is working but switched off by me because of cost constraints. Its cool though :) (I currently use Clickatell gateway, anyone can recommend a cheaper provider with HTTP/S api for connectivity? )

Qazz~

Feb 10, 2010
Singapore
hey fellow singaporean, could u please host NRG ROMS? they look worthy of testing but damn hotfile won't let me download... alot of people who experince problems with filesharing websites will really appreciate this

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
hey fellow singaporean, could u please host NRG ROMS? they look worthy of testing but damn hotfile won't let me download... alot of people who experince problems with filesharing websites will really appreciate this

Files are being pulled to server as I write this....ETA 20 mins :D

Top Liked Posts