Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bricked HD2 repair

OP alexsql

30th March 2010, 08:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

137 posts
More
Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?
30th March 2010, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cancun
Thanks Meter: 105

1,195 posts
More
Does it even boot to the tri-color bootloader screen? If so, you can fix it (I think). If it is indeed dead, there are some posts describing brief, furtive encounters with a microwave... (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)...

Hope you get your device either fixed or replaced soon...
30th March 2010, 08:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

137 posts
More
It is dead, no tri-color bootloader, nothing
30th March 2010, 09:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 0

74 posts
More
does it turn on at all? stuck at the pink/white "stick together screen"?
31st March 2010, 05:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14

990 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsql

Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?

Since it's less than 2 weeks since you got it, just take it to the T-Mobile store you got it from, and tell them that it just stopped working for no reason. I know it's bad thing to do, but it's better them than you right... I am sure they are prepared for the first set of devices to have some issues

Just be ignorant and tell them that you left the phone charging overnight and the next day morning, it just stopped working. They will just swap the device. Just make sure that you go to the store in-person to pick up the deivce. If you mail it in, they would dignose and probably know you have messed around with it.

I did the same thing with I flashed my device the next day it came out. I flashed a Custom ROM that had a non-compitable radio and it just did not boot. No bootloader mode.. nothing. NADA...

I called the store I got it from, he asked me to come by the next days since he was of all the devices and he was expecting a few the next day. I asked him to reserve one for me for the exchange for the damaged device. I went in the next day.. They just swapped the device. I actually told him to switch the battery from the new device to see if this one works, he said, it does not matter as he had send the whole device back anywayz..

So, good luck. Hope this helps.
31st March 2010, 06:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 212

985 posts
More
Same as above for me except they had no devices left. Out of stock completely with no ETA. I got my refund and I'm back to being HD2'less.
3rd April 2010, 05:56 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

311 posts
I paid $172 to have me htc blueangel screen repaired if that helps.
3rd April 2010, 01:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

9,107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsql

Nothing to do with task 29, task 29 is safe. Radios with ..51.. are deadly.
3rd April 2010, 04:25 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 18

827 posts
Unfortunately some of the ROM's can be the kiss of death.

I can tell you that you have completely bricked the phone and they can't tell what ROM you have then you can probably get the warranty with HTC. If they discover you have a ROM it will be shipped back to you and they won't even fix it. It's a hit or miss with them.

I sent back one HTC HD with custom ROM and they didn't have a problem. I snet another one back and they declined due to custom ROM.

Just hope you get them on a good day
16th August 2010, 07:09 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Fixing A Brick HD2
I will show you how to fix your hd2 from bad rom install that caused your phone to stay in the stick together screen. email me at crgposting@gmail.com and I will send you the instructions to install your new rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread