Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked HD2 repair

Tip us?

alexsql
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Bricked HD2 repair

Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?

Yom
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Does it even boot to the tri-color bootloader screen? If so, you can fix it (I think). If it is indeed dead, there are some posts describing brief, furtive encounters with a microwave... (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)...

Hope you get your device either fixed or replaced soon...

alexsql
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
It is dead, no tri-color bootloader, nothing

nerdstrap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does it turn on at all? stuck at the pink/white "stick together screen"?

VizagDude
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsql View Post
Having my TMOUS HD2 bricked by using Task 29 and 2.09.51 radio, thus losing the warranty, how much does it cost to have it repaired by HTC? Do they even accept them for repair?
Since it's less than 2 weeks since you got it, just take it to the T-Mobile store you got it from, and tell them that it just stopped working for no reason. I know it's bad thing to do, but it's better them than you right... I am sure they are prepared for the first set of devices to have some issues

Just be ignorant and tell them that you left the phone charging overnight and the next day morning, it just stopped working. They will just swap the device. Just make sure that you go to the store in-person to pick up the deivce. If you mail it in, they would dignose and probably know you have messed around with it.

I did the same thing with I flashed my device the next day it came out. I flashed a Custom ROM that had a non-compitable radio and it just did not boot. No bootloader mode.. nothing. NADA...

I called the store I got it from, he asked me to come by the next days since he was of all the devices and he was expecting a few the next day. I asked him to reserve one for me for the exchange for the damaged device. I went in the next day.. They just swapped the device. I actually told him to switch the battery from the new device to see if this one works, he said, it does not matter as he had send the whole device back anywayz..

So, good luck. Hope this helps.
Nokia Lumia 900 Black

---------------------------------------------------
HTC HD2 Unbranded - Sold to XDA Member
HTC Touch Pro 2 - Sold to Howardforums Member
HTC Touch HD - Sold to XDA Member
HTC Polaris - Sold to XDA Member

jlczl
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Same as above for me except they had no devices left. Out of stock completely with no ETA. I got my refund and I'm back to being HD2'less.
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

a_ok2me
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I paid $172 to have me htc blueangel screen repaired if that helps.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsql View Post
Nothing to do with task 29, task 29 is safe. Radios with ..51.. are deadly.
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

mrmomoman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Unfortunately some of the ROM's can be the kiss of death.

I can tell you that you have completely bricked the phone and they can't tell what ROM you have then you can probably get the warranty with HTC. If they discover you have a ROM it will be shipped back to you and they won't even fix it. It's a hit or miss with them.

I sent back one HTC HD with custom ROM and they didn't have a problem. I snet another one back and they declined due to custom ROM.

Just hope you get them on a good day

balexander
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fixing A Brick HD2

I will show you how to fix your hd2 from bad rom install that caused your phone to stay in the stick together screen. email me at crgposting@gmail.com and I will send you the instructions to install your new rom.