Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] LockPicker - disable Exchange lock screen (OPEN SOURCED)

Tip us?

j0bro
Old
(Last edited by j0bro; 29th April 2011 at 06:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default [APP] LockPicker - disable Exchange lock screen (OPEN SOURCED)

Update: I decided to discontinue work on LockPicker and therefore open source it. Find the code here. If anyone manages to make this work on Android 2.2+, please let me know!

Disables the Exchange lock screen when it's part of the server's security policy.

Works on HTC Sense only.
NOTE: Froyo is not supported!

Changelog:
v0.95: Added Wildfire (QVGA) support, automatic account detection, added korean translation, fixed chinese translation
v0.94: Android 1.5+ compatible
v0.93: Added es,fr,de,nl,cn
v0.92: Notifications optional
v0.91: fixed FC on startup
v0.9: initial release

Search for Market > Applications > Tools > LockPicker

My thanks go to tamburylar for his find which inspired me to create the app!
Creator of T-Mobile TV, LockPicker (Android), BubbleLevel (WM)

Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300

alias_neo
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Default Nice

Hey, thanks for creating this.

I know there are a few people out there that will appreciate it.

Unfortunately I can't give feedback myself since my exchange server, although asks for me to enable security doesn't ever enforce it, so I never get the lock screen problem.

Good work though and I hope it comes in useful for the other guys that aren't as lucky with their server.
Storage Ether Widget - Storage Widget for Android phones and tablets.

j0bro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
Hey, thanks for creating this.

I know there are a few people out there that will appreciate it.

Unfortunately I can't give feedback myself since my exchange server, although asks for me to enable security doesn't ever enforce it, so I never get the lock screen problem.

Good work though and I hope it comes in useful for the other guys that aren't as lucky with their server.
Hey, no problem. Creating the icons was probably the most work!
It is idle under normal circumstances and consumes next to no resources, only a tiny amount of memory to run the service.
Only when the server pushes the policy again, it will quickly disable the lock screen and go back to sleep

alias_neo
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Default Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0bro View Post
Hey, no problem. Creating the icons was probably the most work!
It is idle under normal circumstances and consumes next to no resources, only a tiny amount of memory to run the service.
Only when the server pushes the policy again, it will quickly disable the lock screen and go back to sleep
Nicely done. It'll be interesting to see how people get on with it. The security enforcement seems to be a massive annoyance for those suffering from it.
Storage Ether Widget - Storage Widget for Android phones and tablets.

gudge
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hi all,

I just whipped an app together that disables the Exchange lock screen as soon as the server has enforced its policy by using a background service and an observer on the system setting. This requires no polling, scripting, etc. and survives reboots/enforcements.

Any comments/issues are appreciated
Sounds great, but I don't see it in the marketplace ?

BTW, is it just for the stock exchange client, or will this work with Touchdown etc

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------
HTC Incredable S, UK
S-Off
Root
------------------------------------------------------------

j0bro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudge View Post
Sounds great, but I don't see it in the marketplace ?

BTW, is it just for the stock exchange client, or will this work with Touchdown etc

Thanks
You must have Android 2.1 running, since this is made natively for that version (Exchange integrated)

an0therus3r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi all,

I just whipped an app together that disables the Exchange lock screen as soon as the server has enforced its policy by using a background service and an observer on the system setting. This requires no polling, scripting, etc. and survives reboots/enforcements.

Any comments/issues are appreciated
Thanks, works perfect

abats
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Downloaded this for my Milestone running 2.1. At first it seemed to work. After I rebooted though the application forcecloses (right at boot). When I start the application after booting it seems to keep running (though I'm not sure if I can actually see the service in my task manager) but does nothing to prevent me from having to enter that stupid password : (

I'm happy to help if I can do anything to help you with this issue. Don't know if it's possible to access log files on Android and perhaps send it or something.
Keep track of all your TV Series/Episodes @ Episode Alert!

chunan93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have FC after reboot but LockPicker still works well.

abats
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Found out how to log errors in application. Here is a piece of the log file relating to lockpicker:

Code:
I/ActivityManager( 1281): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker/.LockPicker }
I/ActivityManager( 1281): Displayed activity nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker/.LockPicker: 329 ms (total 329 ms)
I/NotificationService( 1281): enqueueToast pkg=nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@4519dc58 duration=0
I/NotificationService( 1281): enqueueToast pkg=nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@451b5340 duration=0
E/LockPickerService( 1837): Setting not found
E/LockPickerService( 1837): android.provider.Settings$SettingNotFoundException: lockscreen.lockexchange.enable
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.provider.Settings$System.getInt(Settings.java:656)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker.LockPickerService.disableExchangeLockscreen(LockPickerService.java:101)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at nl.fotoniq.android.lockpicker.LockPickerService.onStartCommand(LockPickerService.java:67)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2873)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3500(ActivityThread.java:119)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1926)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
E/LockPickerService( 1837): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Seems lockpicker can't find the settings on my device or something.
Keep track of all your TV Series/Episodes @ Episode Alert!