O2 MMS Picture Message Incorrect or Resized Picture FIX!
If like me, you have problems on O2 receiving a picture message because O2 decide to resize it to 100*100....so small that you can barely make out whats supposed to be in the picture, here is a simple fix! It does involve editing the registry though!
Browse your way to:
HKLM>Software>ArcSoft>ArcSoft MMS UA>Config>mm1>WspHeader
There are two strings we need to change and that is the "User Agent" & "x-wap-profile"
The standard data in these strings are as below incase you need to revert back!
User Agent - Toshiba-TG01-orange/ArcSoft/MMSUA/PPC/v5.5
x-wap-profile - http://gphone.toshiba.co.jp/tech/pro...1/TG01-2.0.xml
The correct settings which work are:
I believe the problem is with the Content Adaptation service provided by O2. After I changed my registry to fool it into thinking my TG01 is a HTC HD2 (which going by the .XML file the MMSC server is supposed to read, the maximum size should be 1600x1600), I sent myself a picture that was something like 1536*2048 and 284kb in physical size. By all means the Content Adaptation system should resize it to 1600 in either length or height but it didn't. It resized it 768*1024!! (Whereas before on my TG01 registry settings, it resized it to 100*75)
I have noticed a very interesting string in the online XML file for the HTC HD2
Where as in the XML file for the TG01 its
<mms:MmsMaxImageResolution rdf:datatype="Dimension">1600x1200mms:MmsMaxImageR esolution>
So I am going to make my OWN .XML file based on the HTC's and put that into my registry with picture resolution sizes of 1000000*1000000
See what happens, I bet their MMSC server will burn!