[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

damageless

Jan 18, 2009
DamageControl v2.09.01 - Final Hero ROM

About the ROM:
This ROM will never be a ROM that is focused on customizations, but more on speed and reliability. I figure that anybody can add whatever mods or themes they want to the ROM and release what they want. I am more focused on providing something solid.

There are a few customized applications that come with this ROM, including DCUpdater (based on CM-updater), from which you can check for the latest updates to the ROM and download them OTA. Take note that these apps can be removed, however they were put in the /system/app directory, so you will likely have to remount as r/w before you remove them. In 2.08, you will also find another application named DConfig. This app allows you to customize the ROM while running it! This will be continually updated, and we hope to get your feedback and ideas about it.

DCUpdater will allow me to release smaller releases in the future that will improve performance and stability, so you can always be sure that your phone is up-to-date with the latest that there is! It comes with dozens of features, all of which I cannot document here.

It should also be noted that I will experimentally start supporting other ROMs based upon mine, by providing them with support and many of the same applications that are in my ROM to them, customized to their ROM. A separate thread will be created about this. However, if you are interested, please contact me via PM. Those with themes that work with my ROM can also PM me as these will also be distributed through this app. ROM developers who base their ROMs off of mine will also get free space on my servers as well as a few more added benefits, such as special access to early releases and other added benefits (a big one is coming in the next few weeks!). Again, this is experimental, but if you are interested, please contact me. You will notice ROMs starting to appear in a week or so with these options.

This ROM also includes a program that will allow you to send bugs straight to me. This will allow me to find problems and fix them as quickly as possible, as well as a way for you to get personal support from me. This app is simply named 'Send Bug Report'.

If you are upgrading from a previous version of DamageControl from 2.0+, you should be able to flash without a wipe. However, I always recommend one for optimal settings.

I know there will be a lot of questions from many of you theme devs about how to get your themes up on my server so that others can easily download them (easy distribution channel), and to do that all you need to do is PM me. I will be offering a service soon that will allow each of you to see analytics of how many people are downloading and using your themes, so I would take advantage of this now.

Keep in mind that DCUpdater will not work and will crash if you are in Disk mode. You need to be disconnected from the computer to update.

To run dcpowertop from the command line, just type in dcpowertop.

Special thanks goes to that special someone who helped me get the leaks in the first place.

Also, special thanks goes to my partner, TrevE. Due to the lack of time because of wedding planning, he has taken on the bulk of the load.

This will be my final Hero ROM, as TrevE and I are moving to bigger and better devices (the Evo). We have some new ideas and have been working on some exciting new things, so if you have an Evo, stay tuned! These projects may also affect the Hero, but we'll see. As of DamageControl 2.09, no more updates to the ROM will be made.

Wipe before flashing!

Live Wallpapers (LWP) in HTC Sense
If you would like Live Wallpapers (I decided to take them out), then you will want to flash the file below:
http://dl.damagedroms.com/lwp.zip

Download:
http://dl.damagedroms.com/2.0/DamageControl_Deodexed_2.09.01.zip
http://kencaruthers.com/dc/DamageControl_Deodexed_2.09.01.zip

Changelog:
v2.09.01
-REAL build (last one was a beta build with not everything built in)
v2.09
-Merged all current tweaks into new sprint build (2.27.651.5) Kernel:(2.6.29-bc0d2cff)
(dcpowertop, friendstream, gallery3d w/mt, geniewidget, xda kb, etc..)
-livewallpapers with most everything stripped out
-helixlauncher included because of issues with keysigning & launcher.apk
-Added in new dconfig fixing many issues
-JiSurfChi's fixed lockscreen (disable htc lockscreen in dconfig)
-PirateMedias music.apk with great senselilke widgets & fixes music button in vanilla clock.
-deodexed for themes and such
-We recomend wiping data/dalvik/SD if you come from a leak build.

v2.08.1
-Tweak GPS + AGPS
-Added powertop - run dcpowertop from adb shell
-Cut down wakeups (should be a bit better battery)
**If you have battery issues before posting make sure you have calibrated
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6399061&postcount=3546
-Tweaked kernel and connection settings more
-Fix for rosie crash. Redownload skins.
-Fixed DConfig
-Zipalign of system now on firstboot & whenever a skin is applied. Please redownload skins.
-Bluetooth tweaks
-Potential market speed fix && Clear sense data issue were widgets missing on first install.
-.25 xda keyboard

v2.08
Changelog v2.08
-New DConfig tweaker tool
Theme Server
-New beefed up apps2sd. If any errors are encountered post /data/dcboot.log
-scheduler tweaks
-Working Friendsync
-Gallery3d fully working
-Newer XDA keyboard
-Fixed sprint NFL
-Optimized Even more/Cleaned up directories
-Connection tweaks
-Fixed fb sync
-Ring delay fixes
-More dalvik tweaks
-Potential audio fix & battery life fix

**First boot will take awhile if upgrading. Clears dalvik & fixes uids
If facebook sync doesn't show up in friendstream in friendstream press menu, settings, accounts & sync, facebook for htc
sense & turn on sync live feed.

v2.07.2
-Removed LWP by default (flash zip above if you want it back!)
-Optimized build.prop/dalvik (thanks to TrevE)
-Modified minfree settings to be less aggressive (people seem to be having problems)
-Changed CPU governor
-Removed Launcher.apk
-Other small changes

v2.07
-Added LiveWallpapers in Sense (thanks to zenulator and mssmision)
-Optimized APKs (thanks to TrevE)
-Youtube defaults to HD (thanks to TrevE)
-Added permissions in /etc/permissions (thanks to TrevE)
-Other small changes

v2.06
-Added DCUpdater
-Market fix - thanks goes to flipz for figuring this out
-Added bug reporter app
-Removed GSD
-Other small goodies

Screenshots:
home.png
appdrawer.png
dcupdater.png

I normally do not ask for donations, however I am getting married soon and could certainly use help! You can donate to me by clicking here.

Keep in mind that TrevE and I have teamed up, and he has his own personal Paypal account. You can donate to him by clicking here.

Last edited:

icm714

Apr 19, 2008
San Diego
HTC WIDGET FIX if needed
go to settings > Mange Apps > Find Htc Sense and clear data this should fix it

MANUAL PRL UPDATE

You can try to update your PRL manually using this file.
http://www.4shared.com/file/25259168...550/60663.html

Using your stock dialer follow these instructions

How to manually update PRL:
1. Download and unzip prl file to storage card
2. Dial ##775#
3. Enter your MSL code
4. Select menu then edit
5. Browse to the location you unzipped the prl file to
6. Select the prl file, press ok
7. Press ok again
8. Select yes, phone will restart

That should get your prl where it should be.

Last edited:

bikcmp

Dec 8, 2009
DamageControl v2.05 - New Sprint Leak!

This ROM is based off of a NEW Sprint leak - never before seen before! This leak fixes MANY issues, including the trackball light, SMS and MMS light, sync issues, black background on HTC Contacts, PRL Update, Time Without Signal fix and battery life fix, and more!

About the ROM:
This ROM already has apps2sd and memkill settings, so it runs very fast and very smooth! I already trimmed it down a bit, just by removing Footprints, Quickoffice and Teeter. It has already been tested quite a bit by a few different people, and you shouldn't have any booting problems or anything like that if you remember to flash before you wipe. There could be other issues, but we couldn't find any.

Current Bugs:
Internet Sharing doesn't seem to work on older PRIs (use wifi tether!)
Market doesn't show some protected apps for some reason (seems to show most)

Special thanks goes to: avalaunchmods, gbhil, toast, flipz and regaw_leinad for their help with testing and other misc. stuff.

Wipe before flashing!

Download:
http://www.4shared.com/file/254970288/1615f96d/DamageControlv205.html

Changelog:
Coming soon

Screenshots:
Coming soon

FAQ:
Why should I upgrade from __________ to this?
This is the closest to 2.1 as is possible at this point, and it's also optimized! It is a very clean build and it fixes a lot of issues. You will enjoy it!

What about protected apps?
Some seem to show and others don't. I am looking into it but it seems like most are there.

How is the battery life?
In initial tests, the battery life seemed to work very well.

I normally do not ask for donations, however I am getting married soon and could certainly use help! You can donate to me by clicking here.

What's up with the GSM PRL issue? Is it fixed in this one?

ehiggins

Feb 6, 2010
and to think i just downloaded r3 earlier today. Another wipe for me.

thanks for all you do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.