Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Tip us?
 
Powers16
Old
#1001  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 156
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gallatin
NOOOO i wanted the 1000th post!!!! Arrag The gods are angry!
 
Zombie Scott
Old
(Last edited by Zombie Scott; 7th April 2010 at 12:44 PM.)
#1002  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2008
I am really impressed with this rom. At this point I can honestly say the only issue I am having is the keyboard lag problem and I don't like that they pulled the hide keyboard button for an emoticon button. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a touch keyboard if I have to hit the hard back button to hide the keyboard on a software pad. Hopefully they fix in the final release.

I love the speech to text feature! I showed my wife last night how you can say a sentence, then period to end it and continue with another sentence. Works perfectly!

Thanks HTC, Sprint and especially Damageless for putting the time and effort. Heading to the donation page now.
 
gizmo0681
Old
#1003  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
I am really impressed with this rom. At this point I can honestly say the only issue I am having is the keyboard lag problem and I don't like that they pulled the hide keyboard button for an emoticon button. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a touch keyboard if I have to hit the hard back button to hide the keyboard on a software pad. Hopefully they fix in the final release.

I love the speech to text feature! I showed my wife last night how you can say a sentence, then period to end it and continue with another sentence. Works perfectly!

Thanks HTC, Sprint and especially Damageless for putting the time and effort. Heading to the donation page now.
You can remove the emoticon button yourself just go into your keyboad settings and uncheck emoticon hack. Then go into applications and force stop touch input or reboot the system and that will bring back your hide keyboard button.
 
fatkitty420
Old
(Last edited by fatkitty420; 7th April 2010 at 01:14 PM.)
#1004  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 140
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo0681 View Post
You can remove the emoticon button yourself just go into your keyboad settings and uncheck emoticon hack. Then go into applications and force stop touch input or reboot the system and that will bring back your hide keyboard button.
I have mine set to swipe to hide. Basically, if I swipe down on the key board it hides it. That way I can have the emoticon button... although I have yet to use it. Would be neat if we had the ability to macro it ourselves.

A few bugs I've noticed:

Status Light doesn't work for some reason
Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Message Application looses track of where old messages are temporarily
Market missing apps
The "Universal Search" feature doesn't seem very accurate or works...
Cannot send picture as text.

Can someone confirm that the last problem is a bug and not just me? Basically, if you take a picture with your phone and then select the share button you wont be able to type in the search bar for adding contacts to send to. I can be more detailed if that seems vague.
 
SamXp
Old
(Last edited by SamXp; 7th April 2010 at 01:24 PM.) Reason: Found it
#1005  
SamXp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 329
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsandroid View Post
I'm sure most of you know this, but I pushed Gallery onto this build and it worked fine. Hope that helps someone.
Would be more helpful if you shared the apk and advice on how to push it into the build!

Nvm, Found it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzw4zzdezoz

Runs great! In both landscape and portrait!
 
wtphoto
Old
#1006  
wtphoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 1,035
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southfield, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkitty420 View Post
I have mine set to swipe to hide. Basically, if I swipe down on the key board it hides it. That way I can have the emoticon button... although I have yet to use it. Would be neat if we had the ability to macro it ourselves.

A few bugs I've noticed:

Status Light doesn't work for some reason
Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Message Application looses track of where old messages are temporarily
Market missing apps
The "Universal Search" feature doesn't seem very accurate or works...
Cannot send picture as text.

Can someone confirm that the last problem is a bug and not just me? Basically, if you take a picture with your phone and then select the share button you wont be able to type in the search bar for adding contacts to send to. I can be more detailed if that seems vague.
1. what light do you mean if you are talking about the led flashing for messages and such mine works fine, check your settings it may be turned off there.
2. the trackball is light sensitive try going into a dark place and seeing if it works.
3. the keyboard is a hacked version of stock and stock has always been slow
4. I dont have this issue
5. flash the attached zip and it will fix the market, it takes a little while for it to work so flash it and check the market for and app you know should be there every few hours it will come back (acar is a good app to look for.
6 & 7. both work fine for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Market_fix_signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 98 views)
 
Zombie Scott
Old
(Last edited by Zombie Scott; 7th April 2010 at 01:30 PM.)
#1007  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkitty420 View Post
I have mine set to swipe to hide. Basically, if I swipe down on the key board it hides it. That way I can have the emoticon button... although I have yet to use it. Would be neat if we had the ability to macro it ourselves.

A few bugs I've noticed:

Status Light doesn't work for some reason
Trackball not lighting
Keyboard Lag
Message Application looses track of where old messages are temporarily
Market missing apps
The "Universal Search" feature doesn't seem very accurate or works...
Cannot send picture as text.

Can someone confirm that the last problem is a bug and not just me? Basically, if you take a picture with your phone and then select the share button you wont be able to type in the search bar for adding contacts to send to. I can be more detailed if that seems vague.
Wow! You guys are awesome. Thanks for the input gizmo0681 and fatkitty420!
 
wtphoto
Old
(Last edited by wtphoto; 7th April 2010 at 01:39 PM.)
#1008  
wtphoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 1,035
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southfield, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
Would be more helpful if you shared the apk and advice on how to push it into the build!

Nvm, Found it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzw4zzdezoz

Runs great! In both landscape and portrait!
the gallery apk is posted in one of darches thread just click on the little paprerclip to the right of the thread name and it will pull up all the files that have been attached to that thread.
as far as pushing it

Code:
cd/
cd /androidsdk/tools/
adb remount
adb push C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk /system/app/
replace "C:\User\cheyne\Desktop\push\Gallery.apk" with the directory where you have the apk on your comp

Also want to thank damage this is build is so stable that I I finally felt comfortable going through and themeing it to my liking I have no problems at all now that the market shows all apps (thanks Flipz)
 
fatkitty420
Old
#1009  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 140
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtphoto View Post
1. what light do you mean if you are talking about the led flashing for messages and such mine works fine, check your settings it may be turned off there.
2. the trackball is light sensitive try going into a dark place and seeing if it works.
3. the keyboard is a hacked version of stock and stock has always been slow
4. I dont have this issue
5. flash the attached zip and it will fix the market, it takes a little while for it to work so flash it and check the market for and app you know should be there every few hours it will come back (acar is a good app to look for.
6 & 7. both work fine for me.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm flashing the market app fix right now. I did check the track ball in a dark area thinking that it may be the sensor but, alas, it is still not functioning.

Yes, I'm talking about the LED flashing for messages. It's enabled in my settings but is still not working. I notice that sometimes I receive a text message and see the LED flash for a split second but that's it. I'm talking a 1/3 of the usual flashing interval it usually does.

Nothing too major, just a couple of annoyances. I'm hoping when the update/new version is released it will fix these issues.
 
okcppcnut
Old
#1010  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 184
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default Re: [ROM] DamageControl v2.05 - NEW SPRINT LEAK! - TONS of bugs fixed! Well Tested!

Market fix? Cool, I will have to reflash this tonight.

Sent from my HERO200 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes