Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

I need the Skype Mobile .apk PLEASE!

OP ilikepie22

2nd April 2010, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Hello! I just switched from (i dont really remember what rom i was using) over to DarthLegend HTC Hero Rom and i cannot seem to find the Skype app in the Market. I have tried some other apps like Fring and Nimbuzz but those go through every single message i have sent and received and they dont support conference chats. Can somebody send me a link to the file?
3rd April 2010, 11:08 PM   |  #2  
kobbone's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
goto 2 shared . com and click search and then put skipe.apk and there ya go!!!
4th April 2010, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Will this work for all networks and Android handsets? Can you send text messages with it?
4th April 2010, 03:21 PM   |  #4  
dreamsofubuntu's Avatar
Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 0
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O and O

Will this work for all networks and Android handsets? Can you send text messages with it?

I wouldnt of thought so, theres only 2 official apps I believe there's the verizon one which will only work with verizon and then theres the three UK version which only works on android 1.5 and the three network
11th April 2010, 10:55 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Martinsburg, WV
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Look at this thread
oops .
Last edited by boyoboy; 11th April 2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: skype not swype
13th April 2010, 12:35 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
So Nimbuzz or Skype are our only options it seems like?
21st April 2010, 05:37 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
skype apk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepie22

Hello! I just switched from (i dont really remember what rom i was using) over to DarthLegend HTC Hero Rom and i cannot seem to find the Skype app in the Market. I have tried some other apps like Fring and Nimbuzz but those go through every single message i have sent and received and they dont support conference chats. Can somebody send me a link to the file?

here is Skype apk i pulled from the Market back in December '09... I only installed it for a couple days to play with it, but happened to back up the apk before uninstalling it from the device...everything worked well, as i recall... enjoy...
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.skype.android.lite.apk - [Click for QR Code] (561.5 KB, 3362 views)
21st April 2010, 08:10 PM   |  #8  
ChillRays's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Does anybody know if that apk would work on a t-mobile google nexus one? Thanks to whoever replies.
22nd April 2010, 12:33 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Watford, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 0
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofubuntu

only works on android 1.5 and the three network

Worng there mate, my sony ericsson xperia x10 runs 1.6 with skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRays

Does anybody know if that apk would work on a t-mobile google nexus one? Thanks to whoever replies.

One problem you got mate, t-mobile wont let you skype from there network it blocks it, but you will be okay on wireless/WiFi

Same with fring t mobile blocked it
Last edited by liverpoolatnight; 22nd April 2010 at 12:44 PM.
22nd April 2010, 09:32 PM   |  #10  
ChillRays's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:

One problem you got mate, t-mobile wont let you skype from there network it blocks it, but you will be okay on wireless/WiFi

Same with fring t mobile blocked it


Thanks man

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes