5,815,095 Members 38,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X10 Power Usage

Tip us?

massimax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
very very bad battery drain! Left mine on flight mode at 2AM with 50% battery left, before going to bed. Woke up at 11AM and the battery was dead with no usage nor cell connection!
1.37.405... check!
1.37.456... check!
1.37.707... check!
Elite 1.0... check!
TLR rom... check!
PDAviet... chek!

what next?

ukon
Old
(Last edited by ukon; 4th April 2010 at 03:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimax View Post
very very bad battery drain! Left mine on flight mode at 2AM with 50% battery left, before going to bed. Woke up at 11AM and the battery was dead with no usage nor cell connection!
A chellphone uses more battery when there is bad reception, because it tries to get a better reception.
Like if there is just edge, the phonei strying to get HSDPA connection instead, this drains more of the battery.
+ With android the phone leaves some of the apps running in the background.

I recommand that you get an app that can shut these down.

Like a task manager kinda..

eg.Advanced Task Manager

I hope this helps ye.

and if you go into "settings - about the phone - Battery usage" then you can see what apps that is draining the most of the battery etc.
HTC Magic
Sony Ericsson X1
Sony ericsson X10

massimax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukon View Post
A chellphone uses more battery when there is bad reception, because it tries to get a better reception.
Like if there is just edge, the phonei strying to get HSDPA connection instead, this drains more of the battery.

eg.Advanced Task Manager

I hope this helps ye.

and if you go into "settings - about the phone - Battery usage" then you can see what apps that is draining the most of the battery etc.
As I wrote before, phone was in standby on flight mode: it means that NOTHING was running nor any 3G data was exchanged. I've had many Android phones (Magic, Hero, Milestone, Nexus, Legend) and in similar conditions they lost only a couple of percentage points of battery, not 50% like X10!! I do love this phone, but heavy battery drains is driving me crazy (and it's definitely not a faulty phone, since I know many many users with the same problem)
1.37.405... check!
1.37.456... check!
1.37.707... check!
Elite 1.0... check!
TLR rom... check!
PDAviet... chek!

what next?

coderWinAmper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanmy View Post
I've had mine for a few days now.

The battery's pretty good, I've only charged it once over about four days, so I'm pretty pleased. However, it does seem to use a lot of power if you have wifi on, even in sleep mode.

I've also had no problems with my "a" in either keyboard (Norwegian/Japanese) so far.

I'm still on 14 btw, if anyone's noticted battery dropping after they updated.
I actually think the battery is good too. I recharge every other day, which seems to work fine.

I have bluetooth and wifi off, and mostly doing manual updates for timescape. I do surf quite a bit though, and no problems with battery drain. In my experience, my X10 lasts a lot better than a Satio for example.

TakenName
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Strange how half of the people posting here, have very good batteries (1-2 days), and the other half have extremmely bad batteries (8-12 hours).

I doubt the ones with the bad batteries are "worse user" then the ones with the good batteries......
HTC Legend (Main), SE X10 (Secondary), iPhone 3GS (media), HTC Hero (eXperimenting), HTC Topaz (MOC)
- Waiting for HTC Desire!! April 16th!!!!

muude
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm one of those with lousy battery usage. Hardly use the phone, but drains in no time. However I've ordered 4 new batteries, so gonna test all of them and see if there's a pattern.

muude
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Grrr.. Was just setting up my contacts to Facebook.. Took around 20 minutes and drained 21% of my battery.. That's just not okay..

telnet05
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just left it for 2 hours without doing anything and the battery from 90% dropped to 65%. This is not cool at all. SE we need a solution ASAP.

bclope
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm one of those that get bad battery duration on the X10. I usually leave BT and WIFI on as I did in my N97. By observing who drains most of the battery, I get around 30% for the radio in standby and 20% for BT. The processor is only a small percentage (2%) so I don't belive that the snapdragon cpu can be blamed for bad battery duration. How is it possible that Nokias as the N97 having the same communication hw (GPS, WIFI, 3G, BT...) last for days with similar usage and battery capacity? Ok, the procesors are ony half the speed but I don't belive this makes so much difference...

I own a HTC Nexus also and has slightly better battery duration than the X10 but way far form the N97. I've roorted the phone and can change the CPU speed. It makes very little difference on battery duration if you set 400 or 300MHz instead of 1GHz.

So, it seems what makes all android devices so power hungry is the way the OS handles the communication interfaces, I belive most RF chipsets should have similar power drain and CPU's are idling most of the time. Perhaps symbian has a smarter algorithm to hanlde 3G/GSM/WiFi switching and no services polling the network when the phone is in your pocket.

Mr. Moe
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukon View Post

eg.Advanced Task Manager

I hope this helps ye.

So seeing i am in an area that does not have 3G I will have a problem with battery drain bcuz it will be constantly be trying to connect to HSDPA?
Current: TMOBILE GALAXY NOTE 3 N900T, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, Samsung Galxy Tab 2 10.1
Currently in retirement: MyTouch 3G , Cliq, Cliq XT, G1 x 3, Sony Xperia X10i, Xperia X10a(rooted),Samsung Vibrant, Sprint Evo 4g, Sprint Evo 3D Sprint Galaxy S3, Tmobile Galaxy Note 2