Motorola Droid 2.1 Manual Update
1. Download the official Android 2.1 firmware
2. Copy the file to the root of your microSD card
3. Power off your phone. Hold down the “X” button on the physical keyboard and power it back on to boot into recovery mode.
4. When you see the “/!\” symbol, press volume up and the camera button to display the recovery options.
5. Use the d-pad to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
6. When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
7. you see yhe droid logo
8. you see the red eye for x amount of minutes then it loads your phone
background/default startup screen
9. Enjoy the update(most users are still waiting for their ota update)
**** 2.1 Features ******
• Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the browser, Gallery, and Google Maps.
• New Weather and News application plus widget.
o The Weather and News app pulls the information you want from the
Web and brings it to your fingertips. You get weekly and hourly
weather forecasts based on your location, and news headlines.
• New support for voice-to-text entry.
o Whenever a text-entry box appears, simply tap the microphone icon on the virtual keyboard and speak.
• New Gallery application with 3D layout. View and share photos taken with your phone and images from your online Picasa Web albums.
• Live Wallpapers offer richer animated, interactive backgrounds on the home screen. Access them with a long press anywhere on the home screen. Tap Wallpapers, then Live Wallpapers.
• Free Yahoo!® Mail is now supported!!!-simply sign in with your Yahoo! email address and password.
• Google Maps update
o Personalized suggestions and synchronized starring with
o New night mode in Google Maps Navigation automatically changes the screen at night for easier viewing.
• Improved pattern-lock functionality.
• Improved handset audio when disconnecting a wired headset.
• Email accounts no longer need to be re-entered after an over-the-air update.
In short, nearly everything a Droid owner could have envied about the Nexus One—except for the processor
**Props and credit to the original uploaders of the 2.1 firmware