[ROM] 4/8/10 | MatrixROM 0.7 - based on DamageControl
Now based directly off of DamageControl v2.05
. This is NOT AOSP, however it includes elements of darch's AOSP.
Please note that I have only done minor modifications to this ROM. The real credit here belongs to damageless, gbhil, Avalaunchmods, bikcmp, darchstar, regaw_leinad, flipzmode, JsChiSurf, and the rest of the XDA members who may have some work in this ROM that I missed. If you like this ROM, feel free to donate to those people listed above who made it possible for me to make this. I do not accept donations.
1. Cooked in super-cool font and wallpaper.
2. Fixed headset/headphone icons
3. Added fresh's vanilla lockscreen fix / home button-to-unlock disabled!
4. HTC world clock replaced with asop clock
5. added ES File Explorer, HTC PDF viewer, HTC Voice Recorder, Wifi tether
6. EvDo icons removed in favor of 3G icons
7. regawmod black dialer added. (I don't know who made this? let me know so I can give you credit!)
8. Live Wallpaper support. (none included, download some from the market)
9. Different version of the Music app. (I like it better, and its smaller)
10. Even with the new features, the ROM is almost 2mb smaller!
11. 100% awake time issue fixed (because it's now based directly on DamageControl, thank damageless for this)
12. No more aosp usb icon, oops. I think this is because of a file replaced to fix the lockscreen.
1. I took apart DamagedCake, edited framework-res.apk for a little more AOSP-like flair in the notifications drop-down. This still could use a little work to get it perfect. (let me know if you can help me change the carrier text color!)
2. Replaced calendar, music, messaging, and browser with their AOSP counterparts. (bonus: facebook recognizes the phone as a Hero!)
3. Rosie was removed and replaced with the Launcher.apk from the DarchLegend ROM.
4. I added a bunch
of ringtones pulled from various HTC and AOSP Hero ROMs.
5. Then I added my own bootscreen.
6. ROM uses flipz' PRI, and as far as I know, is showing protected market apps fine.
Getting down to business:
Everyone remember to make a Nandroid backup! And if you end up bricking your phone, that's not my fault. Flash at your own risk. (it works fine on my phone!) Also... just do a Dalvik wipe and Data/Factory reset. Save yourself the trouble of messing things up the first time. Also, please note that this does take a good while (~5min) to boot the first time, just like many of the other new 2.1 ROMS.
DOWNLOAD v0.7 HERE!
Add Sprint Visual Voicemail
Return font to Android default
Issues and fixes:
1. There are reports of exchange not working. I can't confirm, deny, or debug this myself yet, because I don't have an exchange account anywhere. I'll have to meet up with my buddy that uses exchange at work to try and debug this later.
2. To set a wallpaper, long press on the desktop, or use the photos app. You cannot change these using the settings menu; it only works with sense.
3. Lock screen images are not supported yet. Flipz did an awesome job at fixing the AOSP lockscreen, but he hasn't yet found out how to make it work with images.
4. You might not find every app in the Market, but it's pretty close. No fix yet.
5. All other problems: Please wipe and reflash. Occasionally, a flash just doesn't come out right. (This even used to happen to me back when I was a Windows Mobile user) If you've wiped and reflashed, then post and ask for help!
Qualcomm QCP-1960 -> Sanyo PM-8200 -> LG LX550 -> Samsung Rant -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Hero -> Samsung Epic 4G -> HTC Evo 3D