5,594,386 Members 37,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobidapter: MicroSD to USB adapter

Tip us?

farshid.tavakoli
Old
(Last edited by bitpushr; 12th July 2012 at 05:39 PM.) Reason: Image linked to malware
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Mobidapter: MicroSD to USB adapter

This adapter can be used as an alternative for the USB-Host functionality but I was afraid the microSD part wouldn't be long enough to fit the HD2 MicroSD slot.

So I managed to get its microSD part length according to expansys' product image:

The length is only 17mm but the minimum length to get it work with HD2 must be 20.5mm. I used a calliper to measure that.

So, I was hopping anyone would come up with an idea to use this adapter with HTC HD2.

Please notice that the adapter price is 29 excluding the shipping cost so I prefer not take the risk to disassemble it for extending the microSD length if it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance,
The Following User Says Thank You to farshid.tavakoli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grayme
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What is it for, are you trying to use a USB stick instead of your micro SD card?

If so, why?
------------
Wherever you go, there you are.

quasi_mojo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
a portable HDD caddy LOL

shame though, the MicroSD port wont put out 5v 500mah

although its probably enough to power a CF/MSproDUO/XD type of reader for example to clear some space on your digital camera card without deleting images (or simply to view them on a bigger screen )
MDA Vario III tmobile UK -Radio: 1.64.08.21 -Rom: 3.0 sleuth WWE - 2GB Sandisk
and lots of customisation! now resprayed flourescent orange!

HD2 tmobile UK - ROM: 1.72.110.4 (86525)WWE - RADIO: 2.07.51.22_2 - 8GB kingston

Desire HD - Rooted/CWM/android revolution 4.0/32GB storage and loving it!

farshid.tavakoli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayme View Post
What is it for, are you trying to use a USB stick instead of your micro SD card?

If so, why?
Sometimes you really need work on a USB stick but you don't have access to PC.
Or as quasi_mojo said you can connect a card reader to your device...

humanista
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will I be able to play some mp3's directly from a pendrive with this device? Because I have about 25GB of music and I can't afford a 32GB microSD card.

quasi_mojo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i THINK (i could be wrong...) a pendrive would require more nearer 5volts to work...

opened up my SDcard reader a few days ago, plugged into usb with a 2gb sdcard...it was pulling 3.4-3.6volts while accessing the card, which is damn close to the MicroSD maximum voltage...
MDA Vario III tmobile UK -Radio: 1.64.08.21 -Rom: 3.0 sleuth WWE - 2GB Sandisk
and lots of customisation! now resprayed flourescent orange!

HD2 tmobile UK - ROM: 1.72.110.4 (86525)WWE - RADIO: 2.07.51.22_2 - 8GB kingston

Desire HD - Rooted/CWM/android revolution 4.0/32GB storage and loving it!

Ottschke
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Thumbs up Anyone knows where to buy?

There is a shop in the USA, but who knows a shop in europe?

Greetings Ottschke from germany

PS Why not attache a harddrive to my Tab

Mantik-X
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nook Color option

It would be cool if someone could make a Micro SD socket adaptor (with a usb converter cable) that would allow the ability to connect to and drive a scanner and a printer. One would need the appropriate app designed for it too. A nice option for the Nook Color.

Ottschke
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Hi there,
I had the mobydapter here, but it didn't function with my galaxy 7 inch tab. Pity I had to send it back. No function beside beeing very unstable by nearly dropping out of my tab. Oh I forgot it was blinking. ;)