Mobidapter: MicroSD to USB adapter

OP farshid.tavakoli

5th April 2010, 03:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
This adapter can be used as an alternative for the USB-Host functionality but I was afraid the microSD part wouldn't be long enough to fit the HD2 MicroSD slot.

So I managed to get its microSD part length according to expansys' product image:

The length is only 17mm but the minimum length to get it work with HD2 must be 20.5mm. I used a calliper to measure that.

So, I was hopping anyone would come up with an idea to use this adapter with HTC HD2.

Please notice that the adapter price is 29 excluding the shipping cost so I prefer not take the risk to disassemble it for extending the microSD length if it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by bitpushr; 12th July 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Image linked to malware
The Following User Says Thank You to farshid.tavakoli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2010, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 196

482 posts
More
that's a very interesting product..
5th April 2010, 08:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hertfordshire
Thanks Meter: 3

947 posts
More
What is it for, are you trying to use a USB stick instead of your micro SD card?

If so, why?
5th April 2010, 09:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Eastbournia
Thanks Meter: 1

157 posts
More
a portable HDD caddy LOL

shame though, the MicroSD port wont put out 5v 500mah

although its probably enough to power a CF/MSproDUO/XD type of reader for example to clear some space on your digital camera card without deleting images (or simply to view them on a bigger screen )
7th April 2010, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayme

What is it for, are you trying to use a USB stick instead of your micro SD card?

If so, why?

Sometimes you really need work on a USB stick but you don't have access to PC.
Or as quasi_mojo said you can connect a card reader to your device...
11th April 2010, 10:36 AM   |  #6  

13 posts
Will I be able to play some mp3's directly from a pendrive with this device? Because I have about 25GB of music and I can't afford a 32GB microSD card.
11th April 2010, 11:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag Eastbournia

157 posts
More
i THINK (i could be wrong...) a pendrive would require more nearer 5volts to work...

opened up my SDcard reader a few days ago, plugged into usb with a 2gb sdcard...it was pulling 3.4-3.6volts while accessing the card, which is damn close to the MicroSD maximum voltage...
18th April 2011, 12:11 AM   |  #8  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 103

345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Anyone knows where to buy?
There is a shop in the USA, but who knows a shop in europe?

Greetings Ottschke from germany

PS Why not attache a harddrive to my Tab
1st July 2011, 07:40 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Nook Color option
It would be cool if someone could make a Micro SD socket adaptor (with a usb converter cable) that would allow the ability to connect to and drive a scanner and a printer. One would need the appropriate app designed for it too. A nice option for the Nook Color.
1st July 2011, 09:21 AM   |  #10  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 103

345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi there,
I had the mobydapter here, but it didn't function with my galaxy 7 inch tab. Pity I had to send it back. No function beside beeing very unstable by nearly dropping out of my tab. Oh I forgot it was blinking. ;)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread