Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped...error

OP aujbman

5th April 2010, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

238 posts
More
Ok, so long story short, I must have deleted some files from the phone, even though I thought I was only deleting files from the SD card because I lost all my gapps. So after a few failed attempts at getting things back to normal, I finally backed up my photos then formated the sd card, flashed the DRC83_base_defanged zip and then the latest Cyanogen rom and now I can sign onto Google and market and calender seem to be working but there are a couple of issues,

1) I get the "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" error that I have to press force close a few times to get rid of right after the Google sign in process.

2) Everything seems to be working close to normal except Beautiful Home. It shows the time but does not connect to show the area I am in or the weather. I have put in a zip to use when it cannot connect and it still will not display information. I am pretty sure this is not a problem with BH because I did not have this problem before all this went down.

I am guessing I am still missing something from my phone since the last process I went through ( format SD card, factory wipe, flash base DRC83, flash CM) still produced an error message with the setup wizard. Anyone have any ideas?
6th April 2010, 04:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 142

1,613 posts
More
Try posting this question in the forum for your device, someone might be better able to help you there.
19th October 2010, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped...error
why is my phone saying this?
25th December 2010, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 58

363 posts
Donate to Me
Unhappy prob
Me too can't seem to find answers. soon as i boot up after a new flash I get the force close error and other google force closers. wt? I've done everything, format, hard reset and Ive noticed if some how I get to install from the app market i click on the app and get fc.. Also I can't delete my internal sd card hard format still does not erase the card. I'm running out of ideas. please if someone know of away please let me know. Thanks
6th August 2011, 07:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

296 posts
More
reboot in recovery mod
select restore
that should solve the problem
25th August 2011, 08:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 17

198 posts
More
Unhappy
yes me too under erickwill project rom... X10x EWJet xKernel(FreeKernel and zKernel)GB V2.3ex NEW PATCH V3.1F(24AUG11)
23rd February 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #7  

6 posts
reboot coby kyros
Quote:
Originally Posted by frz

reboot in recovery mod
select restore

I try to install the android market on my Coby Kyros 7022 and get this message
"The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" error that I have to press force close.
But when i push on that button i always get the same message. I did a reset on the back of the device but it always restart with the same message.
Is there a solution to hardreset or via my PC to restart my device.
Please help.
18th June 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #8  
Flag Jubail

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frz

reboot in recovery mod
select restore

This is not helping. I tried but it didn't work. Still have the problem.
6th December 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
Alredy solved by enter recovery and wipe ALL.
24th August 2013, 02:02 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Thumbs up
go to recovery mode then wipe 1000% ok

Br
MozzumalGsM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread