5,600,234 Members 39,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Release] HTC Sense Transparent LockScreen

Tip us?

gohamstergo
Old
(Last edited by gohamstergo; 30th March 2011 at 11:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Lightbulb [Release] HTC Sense Transparent LockScreen

Very old mod. Probably no longer works. Use at own risk. No longer supported by me.
ROOT REQUIRED

ONLY works on ROMS that include HtcLockScreen.odex.
So it wont work if you've flashed lwp patches, Sprint ROMS or anything that removes the .odex file.
-------

Originally created by JsChiSurf over in the Hero forums via my encouragement This version is made for the Eris, it is not the same as the Hero version (which doesn't work properly for us).

This is a modification of the STOCK HTC Sense lockscreen that removes the background so you can see your homescreen behind it.

*Users need to already be comfortable with using 'adb' I won't be providing support on that since there are numerous threads with instructions all around.*

**Before** pushing the apk into that folder, you'll need to FIRST perform the following steps to remove the stock lock wallpapers from loading, as well as any cached custom wallpaper you have applied. You can perform these via adb as listed, or if you have Root Explorer (on the marketplace), you can navigate to the folders listed and delete the items that way.

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
cd /data/misc/lockscreen
rm *

cd /system/customize/resource
rm htc_wallpaper*

exit
Note: You may or may not have anything to delete in /system/customize/resource, so if you get an error message while using adb, don't worry.

HtcLockScreen.zip MD5: 9423D8C3D6CBBF3E084CD185130F9649
*APK NOTE: APKs are case sensitive, be sure you install this without renaming it, or it wont overwrite your original APK*

After you extract the zip to your sdk/tools directory perform the following (case sensitive):
Code:
adb push HtcLockScreen.apk /system/app
adb reboot
If you get "read-only" errors, try "adb remount" OR "adb shell", then, "su", then "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" and then the other commands.

EDIT: Clock-less version now available for download! Same instructions apply.

Clock-less Info: **Since some users may have performed the 'experienced users' steps below, an Android image has been added to 'lockscreen_topedge.png' so that it isn't 100% transparent.
If you want to remove this image: First, download the ZIP below with the PNGs, take any one of those and rename it to 'lockscreen_topedge.png, open the lock apk in your favorite zip file manager (winzip, winrar, 7-zip), navigate to "res\drawable-normal-mdpi" and drag your newly-renamed PNG in there. If a dialog pops up, be sure you select the option that has NO compression, this is usually called "Store."**
Make a post if you have any problems NOT related to 'adb.' Again, support is not provided for that.

Clockless Lock.zip MD5: B604B530E02C47DA81AD8B4563BE71D2

If you put the PNGs included in the zip below into 'com.htc.resources.apk\res\drawable-mdpi', it will remove the HTC "Arc" on the lockscreen. Now, to create your own Arc replacement, all you'll need to do is go into 'HtcLockScreen.apk\res\drawable-normal-mdpi' and change the lockscreen_topedge.png to your liking A much easier change than fiddling with your resources apk everytime and its only 1 image to change, instead of trying to line up three. Of course, if you remove the Arc and do not change your lockscreen_topedge.png, you will have a completely invisible lockscreen, so don't freak yourself out, just make something for that PNG.

*Does not seem to work with Hero or Legend ROMs*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg
Views:	5438
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	305585  
Attached Files
File Type: zip PNGs for resources APK.zip - [Click for QR Code] (689 Bytes, 642 views)
File Type: zip HtcLockScreen.zip - [Click for QR Code] (359.7 KB, 1380 views)
File Type: zip Clockless Lock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (368.7 KB, 570 views)

jadesdan
Old
(Last edited by jadesdan; 7th April 2010 at 11:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I've used adb push (to change my boot animation) but I can't say I know how to use it.

Can you specify which commands to use?

EDIT: do you have to have root for this?

wshuman3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes you have to have root. You would do 'adb install HtcLockScreen.apk'.

gohamstergo
Old
(Last edited by gohamstergo; 11th April 2010 at 09:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshuman3 View Post
You would do 'adb install HtcLockScreen.apk'.
waahhh no X_X this isn't an app to be installed. you are overwritting the old one (after youve backed up!) the "install" command installs to data/app, which isn't what we want (but thanks for keepin an eye on the thread for me wshuman3 )

if you put the apk in your sdk\tools directory, then the command would be
Code:
adb push HtcLockScreen.apk system/app
you were correct about needing root tho

Lemcott
Old
Thanks Meter 4
oh sweet!
one question though, what if your phone is locked? will it still show the homescreen?

ECLIPS3
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemcott View Post
oh sweet!
one question though, what if your phone is locked? will it still show the homescreen?
please read the first post again before you post. your question is answered in both the thread title as well as the second line.

thanks!
Rooting your phone? Backing up and reinstalling apps?
Use this application made by ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

Web Based IRC Chat

Alternate 1 click root method by jcase:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742228

Lemcott
Old
Thanks Meter 4
no no no... okay I admit, i worded that question wrong.

if you phone is password protected, as in locked down, with the graphical password and all that. will it still show the homescreen?

ECLIPS3
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemcott View Post
no no no... okay I admit, i worded that question wrong.

if you phone is password protected, as in locked down, with the graphical password and all that. will it still show the homescreen?
i believe it should still show you the home screen, considering with the normal lock app by htc in order to unlock it with the dot pattern, you have to pull the slider down, then it shows you the pattern. so going off of that, then it should still do the same thing, but instead of showing a pic on the lock screen, it shows the home screen, then you slide it down to unlock, which i would assume that it would then pop up the dot pattern.
Rooting your phone? Backing up and reinstalling apps?
Use this application made by ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

Web Based IRC Chat

Alternate 1 click root method by jcase:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742228

gohamstergo
Old
(Last edited by gohamstergo; 8th April 2010 at 09:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
ECLIPS3's explanation is entirely correct. locking will not hide your homescreen. but then, if someone wanted to see your homescreen with the normal lockscreen, they would just have to slide down the Arc most of the way and they'd see most of it. not secure either way.

but i dont think thats what you were even worried about Lemcott. but explained it anyway :P

Lemcott
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yep, you got it I'm not really worried about them seeing the homescreen (oh no! they saw my poor organizational skills! I'm ruined! haha) I just have my phone locked done mainly because my friends and I have a pretty long running epic war to change each other's facebook status'/tweets to very embarrassing things, nosey family members, and just in case i ever forgot it somewhere.

cant wait till i get my new phone in tomorrow and patch this sucker on. speaking of which, if i were to patch this after flashing on Jamezelle's sense-abloe 2.0, would it look just like the normal htc lock screen just transparent? or will it look like sense-able's lock screen but transparent?

Tags
background, clear, htc, lockscreen, transparent
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe