Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me config Myn's Donut to work better than WM + SPB

Tip us?

4thought
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help me config Myn's Donut to work better than WM + SPB

I'm using NFSFAN WM6.5 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I've been playing with myn's donut, and I can't get some things setup that way I'd like. Appreciate any help with configurations and/or widgets and apps so I can move on to Android! Here's what I need:

Gmail - Using the WM app. I can switch between accounts. The widgets/apps I've seen just allow me to setup one account.
Opera browser - I want this to launch if I click a link anywhere (email msg, RSS reader, etc.)
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - I have a nice SPB setup using invisible widgets. Icons appear when there is something to check. I'd love something similar, although home screen widgets that show this would work. I don't like the top pull-down to see notifcations.
Ringtone - I want a normal cell phone ring. The built in one rings once and stops. The marketplace stuff I've seen is silly songs. Where can I get some normal tones?
Volume profile - SPB gives me a home screen widget that I press, get a menu, and I can select what I want. The widget changes to show the state it is in.
Backlight profile - I found a widget where each time I click it changes the level. OK but too many clicks. One click on the SPB widget gives me a menu with 5 options and I click one
Data off - Need an app/widget to make 100% sure data is off since I often go close to the US border and don't want the accidental roaming fees
Best RSS reader - I found one a while back that seemed good and automatically sync'd with Google Reader. I can't find it now. Open to suggestions here
Calendar - In SPB I display a nice transparent calendar showing next 3 events. Some in the marketplace are ok, but not quite the same. Ideas?
Streaming audio - I stream some Shoutcast by saving .pls files files on the device and opening them with TCPMP. I haven't really played with this in Android, so looking for ideas here.
Resolution - Myn's stock res is too small for me. I tried his 110 (not big enough) and 160 (too big) updates. How do I set something in between?

Looking forward to your suggestions so I can make the move! Thanks everyone.

mrono
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thought View Post
I'm using NFSFAN WM6.5 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I've been playing with myn's donut, and I can't get some things setup that way I'd like. Appreciate any help with configurations and/or widgets and apps so I can move on to Android! Here's what I need:

Gmail - Using the WM app. I can switch between accounts. The widgets/apps I've seen just allow me to setup one account.
Opera browser - I want this to launch if I click a link anywhere (email msg, RSS reader, etc.)
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - I have a nice SPB setup using invisible widgets. Icons appear when there is something to check. I'd love something similar, although home screen widgets that show this would work. I don't like the top pull-down to see notifcations.
Ringtone - I want a normal cell phone ring. The built in one rings once and stops. The marketplace stuff I've seen is silly songs. Where can I get some normal tones?
Volume profile - SPB gives me a home screen widget that I press, get a menu, and I can select what I want. The widget changes to show the state it is in.
Backlight profile - I found a widget where each time I click it changes the level. OK but too many clicks. One click on the SPB widget gives me a menu with 5 options and I click one
Data off - Need an app/widget to make 100% sure data is off since I often go close to the US border and don't want the accidental roaming fees
Best RSS reader - I found one a while back that seemed good and automatically sync'd with Google Reader. I can't find it now. Open to suggestions here
Calendar - In SPB I display a nice transparent calendar showing next 3 events. Some in the marketplace are ok, but not quite the same. Ideas?
Streaming audio - I stream some Shoutcast by saving .pls files files on the device and opening them with TCPMP. I haven't really played with this in Android, so looking for ideas here.
Resolution - Myn's stock res is too small for me. I tried his 110 (not big enough) and 160 (too big) updates. How do I set something in between?

Looking forward to your suggestions so I can make the move! Thanks everyone.
Gmail - Set up your default Gmail account then set up more under the email app
Opera browser - Far as i know you can't change your default browser yet.
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - Check out AHome or OpenHome, sure they have something
Ringtone - I'm sure there's some on the internet somewhere
Volume profile - Try Toggle Settings
Backlight profile - Try Toggle Settings
Data off - If you open up the modem program and click disconnect, it turns off data till you reboot
Best RSS reader - BlueRSS is a good one, Doggcatcher is the best but costs
Calendar - Stock Cal works for me, but check out Smooth Calendar
Streaming audio - I use Streamfurious, you can import .pls into it
Resolution - I use MYN RL4 with 320x480, works great for me, but some people really like 320x428, but search the forums to change pixel density
Sprint Evo 4G(Rooted)

Evo Links - NAND Root - 2.2 Root - (un)Root - Recovery - Roms - Radio - NexTANG Theme

cp0020
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrono View Post
Gmail - Set up your default Gmail account then set up more under the email app
Opera browser - Far as i know you can't change your default browser yet.
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - Check out AHome or OpenHome, sure they have something
Ringtone - I'm sure there's some on the internet somewhere
Volume profile - Try Toggle Settings
Backlight profile - Try Toggle Settings
Data off - If you open up the modem program and click disconnect, it turns off data till you reboot
Best RSS reader - BlueRSS is a good one, Doggcatcher is the best but costs
Calendar - Stock Cal works for me, but check out Smooth Calendar
Streaming audio - I use Streamfurious, you can import .pls into it
Resolution - I use MYN RL4 with 320x480, works great for me, but some people really like 320x428, but search the forums to change pixel density
you can change the default browser, dolphin browser is the only one i know of that you can
( sprint HTC HERO) rooted OC @ 710 mhz
8gig class6 sdcard

[daily ROM] always changing

if i've helped you then say THANKS

the only people you should donate to on XDA is...well...XDA!!!!!

berardi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
for Streaming audio I love DroidLive. I tried Streamfurius but it didn't work well for me on the site I like to stream - www.di.fm I use AAC+ 64k and it sounds GREAT and never buffers.

sak211l
Old
Thanks Meter 0
for ringtones i use myxer.com it lets you upload, edit, and sell ringtones but most of the ringtones are free

drewden123
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak211l View Post
for ringtones i use myxer.com it lets you upload, edit, and sell ringtones but most of the ringtones are free
I prefer Zedge. It's a free app in the market. Or if you want to make your own rings off of mp3's on your sd card, try ringdroid (also free)
Romans 10:11

4thought
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys. I've got a setup that works pretty good now. I'm just trying to figure out how to connect it to my Win7 PC to transfer files. Time to search....

cp0020
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thought View Post
Thanks guys. I've got a setup that works pretty good now. I'm just trying to figure out how to connect it to my Win7 PC to transfer files. Time to search....
are you running off of nand> if so then download the attatched file and install it onto your phone. then go into the app and enable it. then plug in your phone and win7 should install drivers. if your running off of sdcard then you need to find and download an app called ''dual mount sd widget'' and then add the widget to your home screen and click on it. then plug it in and let it install the drivers and your good to go. hope this helps good luck!!!
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.jrtstudio.automount.apk - [Click for QR Code] (67.5 KB, 16 views)
( sprint HTC HERO) rooted OC @ 710 mhz
8gig class6 sdcard

[daily ROM] always changing

if i've helped you then say THANKS

the only people you should donate to on XDA is...well...XDA!!!!!

4thought
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks man. I'm using my SD card for now until I'm sure I want to switch. I'll give this a shot. Now to figure out how to install an app outside the market!

inertone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp0020 View Post
are you running off of nand> if so then download the attatched file and install it onto your phone. then go into the app and enable it. then plug in your phone and win7 should install drivers. if your running off of sdcard then you need to find and download an app called ''dual mount sd widget'' and then add the widget to your home screen and click on it. then plug it in and let it install the drivers and your good to go. hope this helps good luck!!!
is this the only way to install the drivers?