Follow my progress on Twitter
- True transparency for task-bar and menu-bar in both orientations. No stretching.
- Opacity level control for bars. (256 levels of opacity, from completely transparent to completely opaque.)
- Backgrounds on all Sense UI tabs.
- Higher image quality for backgrounds than standard Sense UI background.
- Separate portrait and landscape backgrounds. No stretching.
- Crop/resize GUI ... Use any size image instead of them having to match your device's resolution ahead of time.
- Compatible with most other Sense UI mods. (most notably Co0kie's home tab)
- MaxManila 3.0 (beta) compatible version available.
- Same .cab works with WVGA or VGA.
- Fully un-installable .cab.
(If you don't use Sense UI and just want to use my opacity adjustment tool and task/menu-bar refresher ... check post #2 and #3)
- HTC Sense 2.5.2012 (only build I have tested so far, If you have success with other Sense UI builds please let me know so I can update this statement)
- .NET CF 3.5
- MOST IMPORTANT: Stock (unchanged) copies of "shell32.exe" and "aygshell.dll" for your WM build... Any 6.5.X build must also be "timebomb patched" (detailed instructions for patching -HERE-). Check post #2 for details on how/where to obtain them.
- Copy your stock shell files ("shell32.exe" and "aygshell.dll") to the root of your storage card ("\Storage Card\") .. If they are somewhere else you will be prompted for the location when you adjust your opacity level.
(Check post #2 for details on how/where to obtain them)
- Un-install any previous versions and install the cab file attached at the end of this post. PLEASE NOTE: MM Versions are for use with MaxManila 3.0 (beta) only!!
- Run the "BG Tweak" program from your start menu.
- Choose your opacity levels and tap "Set opacity ......." for each element.
- Tap "Set background" and choose an image for your background.
- Tap "Portrait / landscape" to choose which orientation to apply your image to.
- Use the scrollbar at the bottom of the screen to adjust the size of the cropping rectangle and drag the rectangle to move it.
- Tap accept to crop and resize the image.
- Tap "Soft reset device".
- Admire your changes.
- "MM" Versions are for MaxManila 3.0 (beta) only!!
- The required shell files CAN NOT be copied from your Windows folder, you MUST obtain them in one of the ways previously mentioned.
- This mod depends on your today screen background, the "BG Tweak" program sets it automatically and aligns everything correctly for you.
- At the moment, the start menu background does not update until you soft-reset. Everything else updates instantly.
- BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! The task and menu-bar opacity setting option is a low-level hack and if there is a problem or you make a mistake, YOU MAY HAVE TO HARD-RESET!!! (it's worth it though )
Version 0.6b4 - 4/20/2010 (recommended)
- Manual crop and resize implemented.
- Added "fake" transparency mode as a temporary fix for people having problem with the shell hack (boot failures). Only works for portrait mode.
- Minor bug-fixes.
- Re-wrote entire MOD to incorporate a new method for higher quality background images.
- One .cab works for both resolutions WVGA and VGA.
- Fancy new icon thanks to milski.
- Misalignment issue corrected for VGA.
- Minor bug fixes and error checking.
- Fixed misalignment issue in WM 6.5.x builds .. Now works correctly in 6.5 and 6.5.x (WVGA only, VGA will come tomorrow).
- VGA version now available thanks to mwalt2!
- Minor bug-fix and method update.
- Lower memory consumption and higher stability for background refresh process.
- Integrate into standard Sense UI menus.
- Automatic background cycling from an album.
- Thumbnail view when choosing backgrounds.
- Task and menu-bar skin/color management (for interesting effects when using intermediate opacity levels).
- Brightness/contrast adjustment and rotation support for images.
- Different images for different Sense UI tabs.
- Support for MaxSense UI when it is released (hopefully!).
- Open to suggestions.
If you find my contribution useful, please consider donating.
If you decide to donate, please let me know what features you would most like to see added next, and I will try to focus on them.
Check post #3 for older versions.