Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HD2 suddenly stopped connecting to wi-fi.

OP sarngate

11th April 2010, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I have no idea what caused it, but just tonight my phone stopped being able to connect to my home wifi. The wifi symbol in the status bar shows that it is connected, and the phone sees my router but when i try to activate skype it asks me if i would like to use a cellular connection as apparently my wifi does not exist.

Any ideas ?
11th April 2010, 05:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

9,107 posts
More
reboot your modem and router, turn off wifi on the phone until it is back up, then reenable the phones wifi, see if that helps.
11th April 2010, 05:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
No dice. I reset both, the symbol shows me as being connected on the phone but when i load up Opera and try to go to a web page it says 'Connection closed' and Skype also isn't working.
11th April 2010, 05:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Okay so that's strange. For some reason my HD2 set itself to a Static IP. I went into the Broadcom settings and changed to server assigned IP and it's working again.

Technology is a pain sometimes !
11th April 2010, 12:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 276

1,237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarngate

I have no idea what caused it, but just tonight my phone stopped being able to connect to my home wifi. The wifi symbol in the status bar shows that it is connected, and the phone sees my router but when i try to activate skype it asks me if i would like to use a cellular connection as apparently my wifi does not exist.

Any ideas ?

For some weird reason my does a similar thing about every 3-4 days. Nothing changes, it just decides to not connect however resetting the Netgear does the trick (not ideal but does the job).
Other dissapointing thing is often it cant pick up or has poor signal around the house in certain rooms but my wifes bloody Iphone picks up signal everywhere lol (i still convince her, the iphone is inferior)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread