5,599,977 Members 45,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD2 suddenly stopped connecting to wi-fi.

Tip us?

sarngate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HD2 suddenly stopped connecting to wi-fi.

I have no idea what caused it, but just tonight my phone stopped being able to connect to my home wifi. The wifi symbol in the status bar shows that it is connected, and the phone sees my router but when i try to activate skype it asks me if i would like to use a cellular connection as apparently my wifi does not exist.

Any ideas ?

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
reboot your modem and router, turn off wifi on the phone until it is back up, then reenable the phones wifi, see if that helps.
O2 UK (Contract) APN settings data & MMS combined

Various radios, stock roms and tools HERE

UK 3.14 hd2 stock roms on HTC.com

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

PACpacPACpacPACpacPAC

'If there's an emergency, you have my permission to panic, and run about screaming.'

2nd nun says "yes, doesn't it." 1st nun says "no i said where's the POPE?"

sarngate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No dice. I reset both, the symbol shows me as being connected on the phone but when i load up Opera and try to go to a web page it says 'Connection closed' and Skype also isn't working.

sarngate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay so that's strange. For some reason my HD2 set itself to a Static IP. I went into the Broadcom settings and changed to server assigned IP and it's working again.

Technology is a pain sometimes !

rexboy
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarngate View Post
I have no idea what caused it, but just tonight my phone stopped being able to connect to my home wifi. The wifi symbol in the status bar shows that it is connected, and the phone sees my router but when i try to activate skype it asks me if i would like to use a cellular connection as apparently my wifi does not exist.

Any ideas ?
For some weird reason my does a similar thing about every 3-4 days. Nothing changes, it just decides to not connect however resetting the Netgear does the trick (not ideal but does the job).
Other dissapointing thing is often it cant pick up or has poor signal around the house in certain rooms but my wifes bloody Iphone picks up signal everywhere lol (i still convince her, the iphone is inferior)