Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adding Files, APK to SDCARD

Tip us?

Mr. Moe
Old
(Last edited by Mr. Moe; 11th April 2010 at 10:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Default Adding Files, APK to SDCARD

I have a few hundred apps on my SDCard from my MYTOUCH but I can't seem to find a way to put them n the SDCARD for my X10 using the SE PC Companion....I could just use the other SDCARD in my X10, but then the phone does not recognize my folder where my pictures are. I also have word documents on that SDCARd I would like to keep along with mybackup pro app back up files are there also.
Current: TMOBILE GALAXY NOTE 3 N900T, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, Samsung Galxy Tab 2 10.1
Currently in retirement: MyTouch 3G , Cliq, Cliq XT, G1 x 3, Sony Xperia X10i, Xperia X10a(rooted),Samsung Vibrant, Sprint Evo 4g, Sprint Evo 3D Sprint Galaxy S3, Tmobile Galaxy Note 2

unknown13x
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Just mount the drive onto the PC so the computer sees your X10 as a removable drive. Then you can just stick the APK or whatever into the right folder through your PC. PC Companion is used for backup and restore for the most part. Not really transferring files, its not that efficient.

ratheen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default possible work around

you can't directly open files on the SD card, but you can use any file manager app from the android market to access the SD card and open files (APKs) from there

i personally use AndFTP which is also an ftp client