Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of this bootscreen?
Brilliant, please make more! 107 86.29%
Meh.... not my kind of thing. 10 8.06%
Make it stop! you are rubbish at bootscreens, never make another! 7 5.65%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

[Bootscreen] VillainROM - Eat this apple

Tip us?

CyberWalrus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Bootscreen] VillainROM - Eat this apple

Hi all! this is my first bootscreen, designed for use with any VillainROM version.
I know you really just want to see the bootscreen, and dont really care what I say, so heres a preview:
first animation:

Looping animation:

Thanks a lot to phaelox, who made the zip attached for you to flash, without him, this bootscreen wouldnt work!

I made this bootscreen because I felt that villainROM is so good it seserves its own bootscreen, and I im kina sick of the nexus one boot

Hope everyone likes it, If you want a version with a custom tagline, or have any ideas for a bootscreen that you would like to see, just ask and I will get back to you.

This bootscreen took quite a while to make (photoshop + gifs = frustration)
and was more fiddly than I though it would be, So all thanks are MUCH appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to CyberWalrus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1381

DONATE TO ME
Nice one. Will see about getting this added to the Online Kitchen as an option
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

CyberWalrus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks! that would be really great, didnt expect that!

hamstermerc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow i love it, just about to try and flash it. Stylish little addition to an already great ROM. Good job.
Device: Htc Hero
Rom: VillainROM 5.2RC

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstermerc View Post
Wow i love it, just about to try and flash it. Stylish little addition to an already great ROM. Good job.
did it work?
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Device info:

Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+

CyberWalrus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Well, ive just updated to the latest villainRom, and flashed that same zip again, and it works, so i presume it is ok. I know it wont work on not sense based 2.1 roms, because they have there bootscreen in a different place. However, due to the VillainROM branding on the bootscreen, i dont imagine that will be a problem

tristan202
Old
Thanks Meter 257
I have made one just like yours, that I'm thinking of using with my theme, if that's ok with you.

Wait for the entire animation to load. It'll run more smoothly.

CyberWalrus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Looks nice, but will need heavilly optimising, notice how mine loads quick? thats cause the gif is really small. Cut down the colour pallate, dithering to max in photoshop "save for web and devices" leave it as it is and it will stutter badley on your hero, and may not even manage ro run properly before the phone boots...
Still, I dont mind you using my concept, I would like to see everyone elses creations!

tristan202
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWalrus View Post
Looks nice, but will need heavilly optimising, notice how mine loads quick? thats cause the gif is really small. Cut down the colour pallate, dithering to max in photoshop "save for web and devices" leave it as it is and it will stutter badley on your hero, and may not even manage ro run properly before the phone boots...
Still, I dont mind you using my concept, I would like to see everyone elses creations!
Firstly, I don't use Photoshop to make my bootscreens. Secondly, I know how to optimize them. I have made mine as bootanimation.zip, as they tend to run smoother than the gifs, and it run perfectly on my Hero.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1381

DONATE TO ME
Nice work Tristan

I would listen to Tristan he knows what he is doing!

Device info:

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+