Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Repair MP4 video file

Tip us?

kwookoh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh00sher View Post
Fantastic

I did that with 1.7.5.3 and it works perfectly. The timing of the suspend and subsequent copy / paste of the command line took a couple of attempts to get right, but it worked and repaired the entire file.
Can you give a step-by-step detailed instruction on how to do this for us noobies? Thanks.

hgeek23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also need the HD Video repair tool 1.5 please if anyone can help me out. shot a vid for my mom, played originally, shut screen off, now wont play anywhere!

eL_777
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Would also appreciate a PM for a link to v1.5. Thanks!

cdrose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guide to repairing full video:

1. Repair the video you want using the demo software
2. Once Scan is complete click the button "Open repair report"
3. This will open a report.html file, at the bottom of this page is some blue text saying "Click here to open the complete log file of the repair process. " Click the link
4. This will open another page called logfile.html. At the top of this page you will see a line of text similar to this:
Code:
Select Code
CMD="U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 50 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"
5. Select and copy all the text apart from the first 4 characters CMD= . So now the copied text should look like this:

Code:
Select Code
"U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 50 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"
6. Now copy and paste the text in any text editor and where it says "-save 50" you need to change the "50" to "100". Once changed copy the line again, so now your code should look like this:

Code:
Select Code
"U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 100 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"
7. Now you have the correct code copied, open up the command prompt. To do this search for cmd or look online it isn't hard. One you have the command prompt open (a black window with white text) right click in the window and select paste. Then all you need to do is press enter

ArnZo
Old
(Last edited by ArnZo; 24th August 2012 at 12:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I also need the 1.5 version...can anyone send it to me?
ArnZo@hotmail.com or PM plx

begging u

ZiNoM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
HI!
Could please someone send me the v1.5 to my email?
emoniz @ gmail dot com

Thanks!

quickmed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Video multiple vacation videos corrupted when battery died

Quote:
Originally Posted by quangy View Post
Hi guys, hopefully the freeware version 1.5 has been rescuing your corrupted mp4 videos successfully. Continue to PM me, I will reply - although it may take a couple of days or so....

Detailed feedback would be useful as a couple have said it didn't work, also if it did work then what were the settings used??? My corrupted videos had music as audio so hard to say whether audio was in sync with video, any one have any talking out of synch??? etc etc...

Quangy
Hi Quangy could I bother you for the link or the file of the grau HD video repair v1.5, I'm running Mac OS X leopard, thank you millions!!!

hihipunkt
Old
(Last edited by hihipunkt; 2nd September 2012 at 06:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 78
Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
Select Code
-save 100
That's it! You just legally saved 99€!

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

I made a screenshot so you guys can see how to do it.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thatwaseasy.jpg
Views:	3160
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1296319  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hihipunkt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dayosaysyosh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If anyone can email the link to azn_chimp31 at hotmail.com i would appreciate it heaps! thanks in advanced

ZiNoM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihipunkt View Post
Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
Select Code
-save 100
That's it! You just legally saved 99!

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

I made a screenshot so you guys can see how to do it.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.
HI!
Thanks for all! It worked for me with the latest version downloaded from author website.
Regards!