This cab contains:
- latest Esmertect Jbed Java (20090506) (credits to Agrab)
- Opera Mini 5 final, presigned - it will ask no permissions
- Mortscript 2.5 and a connection script- this will automatically initialize your default internet connection when clicking the Opera Mini shortcut, thus saving some seconds of waiting times.
- If you already have Opera Mini 5 installed and don't want to loose your data (bookmarks, quicklinks), before installing my cab go to Opera Mini>Settings, click Opera Link and create an account (this is fast and easy). Than login and synchronize your data.
- Important: if you already have Opera Mini and jbed installed, uninstall them and navigate to Windows folder and delete the appdb folder. Note that you will loose any other java apps installed.
- Install the right cab for your device (it will automatically install into internal memory)
- Perform a reboot, to allow registry updating.
- Enter Opera Mini>Settings>Opera Link, login and synchronise your data.
There are two versions of the cab:
- W/QVGA version - this one has the classic logo of Opera Mini as shortcut image in start menu, and is more suitable for low res devices. However, it works ok on W/VGA too.
-W/VGA version - this one uses the Opera icon part of Anastasia Iconset created by Dinik. This version is wm6.5/6.5.x only!
The font sizes are optimized for high resolution. If you encounter problems, post them here.
In this version of Jbed you are able to select all text in fullscreen edit mode by performing a double click. You can copy it if you use a keyboard which has copy-paste function (like Touchpal).
NEW RELEASE (April 22nd ):
- - replaced Opera Mini 5.0.18365 with the very latest build 5.0.18741
- fixed security tap notification; now Opera Mini will install itself when clicking it's shortcut the first time.
- fixed the qvga cab; now you should have the right font sizes on qvga devices;
- these updates should fix the login issue reported in this thread
- I strongly suggest to all users who downloaded the previous versions to uninstall them and upgrade with these ones
UPDATE (April 27th )- ADDED CABS FOR MORE LANGUAGES:
For now, I only had the time to modify the WVGA version of my cab for 7 different languages. Will modify the QVGA cab for these languages as needed (by requests). If your language is not here, make a request; I'll consider to add other languages only based on at least 3 requests per language (however, I cannot promise).
-Deutsch, Greek, Italian and Romanian see post #4 to get the cabs
-Polish, Russian and Swedish check post #6 to download
- Esmertec Jbed doesn't respond well on screen rotation, occasionaly making Opera Mini bars go under system bars (this is a jbed problem). To make opera go back to normal exit the program (without closing it) and re-enter by clicking its shortcut in start menu (or Sense link ,today shortcut etc). recommend you deactivate G-sensor rotation for Jbed. To have Opera Mini in landscape just use it's dedicated option (under Opera's settings menu).
- on rare occasions Opera Mini refuses to connect. Just try again, it'll work.
- I noticed Opera Mini has problems with uploading long texts (it's a problem related to browsing timeouts). If you use it to post messages on forums, my advice is that you copy your text before you press the "Submit/Post" button. Sometimes you may find out that after you pressed submit, the browser just brings you to the last page, and your text has gone. This can be painful when you wrote a long text... but if you have copied it, it's easy to go again and just paste, then submit the text.