legend worth it to skip desire?

Tip us?

evank418
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default legend worth it to skip desire?

asking few questions to legend owner.

between legend and desire, i'm leaning towards legend because of its design.

but snapdragon on desire sounds very tempting...

what do you say legend users? do you experience any lag because of lack of cpu or ram compare to desire?

logoo
Old
(Last edited by logoo; 13th April 2010 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
The desire is more powerful but don't forget that its screen has a higher resolution, in other words it needs more power...

Why I've chosen the legend over the desire?

- First of all the legend has a much better finish than the desire, that looks too "nerd" for me. It looks more like a small computer than a cell phone..

- The legend is very smooth and do not really need more power

-The legend can almost do everything the desire can do but with a better pocket size.

- With a 3,2 screen instead of 3,7 screen, and a worse processor, it think the battery is better.

However, you should take the desire if:

- You really want to watch videos on your device
- You like playing a lot with your device because i think that games are going to require more and more config to run...

Look at the price for both desire & legend, its nearly the same: there is no best phone between them...
=> The legend has one of the best design for a smartphone
=> The desire is the more powerful

ohyeahar
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Allow me to offer a few pointers. I've got both devices. Desire for myself and the Legend for my wife.

Performance-wise, there's no doubt the Desire edges out the Legend. But the Legend is not 40% slower as the CPU clockspeeds may suggest. You'll encounter the occasional hiccup with the Legend when compared to the Desire, but you probably won't notice it unless you have both devices like I do. I would call this round a draw.

Aesthetically, it's very subjective. When you pull your Legend out, people will be drawn to the aluminum unibody enclosure. When you pull your Desire out, people will be drawn to the large 3.7" screen. I think the Legend looks nicer, but the Desire is in no way "geeky". It looks better in real life than on photos/videos. I'd describe it as more sophisticated looking while the Legend is more sexy.

Surely, you've read/seen reviews of both. See here for my review on the Desire and here for my review on the Legend. I tried to only put down things that were not mentioned or covered extensively by others. And I mentioned a couple of differences that may or may not matter to you.

Personally, I think it comes down to your screen/device size preference.

noobdeagle
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: legend worth it to skip desire?

every time I pull out my legend I always get asked about it. it stands out from the crowd especially being in a country where you cannot buy it in store.

as for lag on the legend, it gets a little bit of lag if you quickly switch between lots of applications but other than that its fine

also if lag is a problem then disabling HTC sense is always an option but then you are limited to 3 home screens

it is a very good looking device tho.

Sent from my HTC Legend using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

noobdeagle
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME

just thought is ask is any one else's home button feel loose like the actual button is on the far left of the key ?

I think mine might be broken but I don't want to send it back to the UK and it still works ok was just curious :P

evank418
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
big help from all of you guys......love the look of legend and i think i will go with legend instead of desire unless htc decides to make a legend looking phone with snapdragon processor

noobdeagle
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME

i think you will be very happy with it , especially once it is rooted and we can save apps to the sdcard :

choccy31
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Everytime I pull out my Legend in public I get a fine for indecent exposure. But that's for a different forum.

I love my Desire both how it looks and how it performs. Just needs a better battery to really make it the best phone period.

dsymbol
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I haven't touched the Desire, so I can only write about the Legend.

In my own opinion:
The Legend looks GREAT, ATTRACTIVE & CLEAN design, & feels SOLID. I get so much compliments about the phone, even old folks, who don't care about phones, think the my phone is very nice looking.

However, the sharp edge on top of the earpiece sometimes hurts my ear.
It performs very well & smooth.

I use the phone MAINLY for calls & text messages. & I don't play & care for games on the phone. Therefore, the Legend's SIZE is PERFECT for me.

The phone has GREAT audio quality, which is nice & clear, & has good battery life.

I read somewhere that says because of the Legend's aluminum case, it doesn't get excellent signal. However, the reception has not let me down yet.

I'm also using HTC Touch Diamond 2, & HTC HD. My house has really bad signal & I have NO PROBLEMS with the Legend, whereas the other 2 get drop calls constantly.

It has 4 plastic buttons that feel REALLY CHEAP. You'll be disappointed with these buttons.

It has some other Cons, but you'll get that with the Desire too, so I won't go there.

I think you should also go to the Desire's board & ask what they like & dislike about the Desire & then make your own decision.

For now, I'm keeping the Legend until I can find a phone suitable for my need.

Cheers,
D

noobdeagle
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
yeah the only real problem with it are the cheap feeling buttons which is a shame but the rest is of a very high quality