known problem for all people on mytouch 1.2's .. here is a workaround i found for you
SOLUTION FOUND!! (I apologize for using all bold, but it's the best way to convey my
I finally managed to get my hands on the Google Voice app v 0.2. Did some tweaking
and walaah....a fully functional/non crashing google voice app on the new Mytouch 3G
Fender Limited Edition.
Tested and confirmed working features: SMS outgoing/incoming, Calls
outgoing/incoming, Account balance updates. Pretty much it appears to be fully
To get yourself setup, follow the instructions below:
1) Download the google voice 0.2 apk here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iui2tmmymit
2) Connect your phone to your computer, and transfer the file over to the SD card.
(Doesn't matter where you put it on the SD card)
3) Disconnect and let the phone prepare the SD Card.
4) Go to market place and install Apps Installer.
5) Launch Apps Installer and it will automatically find the Google Voice apk. Select
it and install.
6) Launch the Google Voice app and follow on screen instructions to set it up.
you dont really need to install app installer if you have something like Astro installed.. just browse to your sd card and run the .apk .. also make sure you have "allow unknow sources" checked under settings-->applications or the apk will fail to install
credit goes to arjunamin on the android issues site (code.google.com)
There are still quite a few of folks who run Gingerbread on their … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?