OP frandavid100

14th April 2010, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 5

385 posts
More
Hi,

I recently took my Nexus on a trip and used it to take some 300 pictures. It's amazing the quality of the photos it takes, but one thing that really bothered me at times was the fact that the camera would always focus at the centre of the picture, while the important part might be at one of the sides.

Would it be possible to add a "touch to focus" feature in the stock camera app? What do you guys think?
14th April 2010, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Hold down on the "shutter" button to adjust your focus. Once you get a green box around your screen, that focal length will be retained until you let go of the button and a picture is taken.

If you slide your finger off the button (as in, without lifting), you can release the focus without taking a picture.

Not sure if that's the same thing you're looking for, but it's a hidden feature in the stock camera app.
14th April 2010, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 5

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga

Hold down on the "shutter" button to adjust your focus. Once you get a green box around your screen, that focal length will be retained until you let go of the button and a picture is taken.

If you slide your finger off the button (as in, without lifting), you can release the focus without taking a picture.

Not sure if that's the same thing you're looking for, but it's a hidden feature in the stock camera app.

Dude! Why wasn't I informed of this before!

Thanks a lot for the tip, I will make good use of it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread