Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Touch focus on camera app

Tip us?

frandavid100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [REQUEST] Touch focus on camera app

Hi,

I recently took my Nexus on a trip and used it to take some 300 pictures. It's amazing the quality of the photos it takes, but one thing that really bothered me at times was the fact that the camera would always focus at the centre of the picture, while the important part might be at one of the sides.

Would it be possible to add a "touch to focus" feature in the stock camera app? What do you guys think?

Xel'Naga
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hold down on the "shutter" button to adjust your focus. Once you get a green box around your screen, that focal length will be retained until you let go of the button and a picture is taken.

If you slide your finger off the button (as in, without lifting), you can release the focus without taking a picture.

Not sure if that's the same thing you're looking for, but it's a hidden feature in the stock camera app.

frandavid100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
Hold down on the "shutter" button to adjust your focus. Once you get a green box around your screen, that focal length will be retained until you let go of the button and a picture is taken.

If you slide your finger off the button (as in, without lifting), you can release the focus without taking a picture.

Not sure if that's the same thing you're looking for, but it's a hidden feature in the stock camera app.
Dude! Why wasn't I informed of this before!

Thanks a lot for the tip, I will make good use of it!