5,606,151 Members 34,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Everything doesn't work all the time?

Tip us?
 
jayshah
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Everything doesn't work all the time?

Does anyone else have an issue with random things not working, a reboot fixes that but breaks something else.

- no pinch zoom in maps
- cannot purchase market apps

Now the latest one is "manage applications" is just force closing. Even my G1 was more reliable in this respect.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Galaxy Note (N7000XXLSA Leak 1/Dec)
 
cez10
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 1,120
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Plymouth

 
DONATE TO ME
had my phone for about 2 weeks now and apart from contacts problem which reboot fixed and a random turn off, didnt have any problems so far, guess yours could be faulty?
 
SamE
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2004
Default Re: Everything doesn't work all the time?

When I change keyboards I sometimes lose pinch to zoom and have to reboot, but other than that don't have any problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
 
CharlieCharlie24
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 138
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshah View Post
Does anyone else have an issue with random things not working, a reboot fixes that but breaks something else.

- no pinch zoom in maps
- cannot purchase market apps

Now the latest one is "manage applications" is just force closing. Even my G1 was more reliable in this respect.

Any insight would be appreciated.
The paid apps depends on what country you are in

http://market.android.com/support/bi...&answer=143779
 
jayshah
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE View Post
When I change keyboards I sometimes lose pinch to zoom and have to reboot, but other than that don't have any problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
This could be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCharlie24 View Post
The paid apps depends on what country you are in

http://market.android.com/support/bi...&answer=143779
I'm in the UK. A reboot fixed the issue, as it always does.
 
ritdaw
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 242
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshah View Post
Now the latest one is "manage applications" is just force closing. Even my G1 was more reliable in this respect.
Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664578
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Glass Now Open to Anyone… with $1500 to Spend (Update: Not Anymore)

Google Glass, which recently received its official update … more

Android 4.4.2 OTA Now Available for the Verizon Droid DNA

A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more