5,604,443 Members 48,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Had to do hard reset, how to reinstall apps?

Tip us?

Jeimygirl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Had to do hard reset, how to reinstall apps?

After a bad encounter with an app, I was forced to hard reset. My problem is that any of the apps that I installed to my memory card before, will not "reinstall" now. It just says the message "has been successfully been installed" without it going through the set up process. What can I do about this?

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
assuming you still have the cab files to reinstall, you can just delete the program files folder on your memory card and reinstall.

however a lot of programs will run fine without being reinstalled, go into the program files/your app folder and try run the executable. if it works, then you dont need to reinstall it. Press and hold the file, choose copy, browse to the phone memory/windows/start menu/programs and press and hold, on teh popup choose paste as shortcut, and it will be back in your start menu.
O2 UK (Contract) APN settings data & MMS combined

Various radios, stock roms and tools HERE

UK 3.14 hd2 stock roms on HTC.com

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

PACpacPACpacPACpacPAC

'If there's an emergency, you have my permission to panic, and run about screaming.'

2nd nun says "yes, doesn't it." 1st nun says "no i said where's the POPE?"

joshzzz2001
Old
Thanks Meter 25
+1 on samsamuel.

Hard reset only erases your files on the phone's main memory, not the memory card's. That's why, I think, it's always to install apps in the memory card and keep all the cabs there as well or back them up in your pc.
T-Mobile US HD2
WM 6.5 ROM 3.14 WWE
Manila 2.5.2018
Radio 2.15