Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastboot remote: Not Allowed

Tip us?

Prod1702
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Default Fastboot remote: Not Allowed

Ok so my N1 is unlocked and is running CM ROMs fine i just do not have adb. ADB worked great back when CM was in beta but not it isn't working anymore. What i wanted to do last night was to do a fastboot erase XXX. XXX being boot/system/data. Only thing is that every time i try to do that command i get a Fastboot remote: Not allowed. If i try and flash over something using fastboot i get a Fastboot remote: unknown Error. I know my phone is connected because fastboot devices shows my phone. I am just wondering what could be causing this and how i can go about fixing it. Thanks for any help.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE

FaJu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The last time I saw that error was when my service provider pushed a locked SPL in an update that rendered fastboot unusable.

This can't be a problem in Nexus though. Are you sure you see a big pink "UNLOCKED" at the very top of your bootloader?

Prod1702
Old
(Last edited by Prod1702; 16th April 2010 at 06:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Oh its there, it says unlocked on top of the bootloader as well as having the lock on the boot screen. I was hoping that by erasing and flashing the system and boot would fix adb. I have had this problem ever since CM moved to the larger boot.img files. I just don't get what it is. The phone flashes every thing fine under recovery but fastboot just doesn't work and adb only works within recovery not in the Rom.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE

FaJu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well that's really weird. Have you tried uninstalling the phone drivers from your computer and installing SDK from scratch?

photopanic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
have you found a solution? I have the same problem. remote not allowed. I also have a rootet n1 on the top a pink font with UNLOCKED.

PlusOne3k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Unhappy fastboot erase system -w

Hello,

actually ive got the same problem. Coming from Nightly Build (27.08.2010) and want to flash the CM6.0 (Final).

Nexus is staying in a bootloop and a fullwipe with RA doesnt make it possible to boot the CM6.0.

So i forwarded the problem as an issue to the CM Dev. He recommended to clear the System with :

fastboot erase system -w

erasing 'system'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.066s

Jackasaur
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I have the same issue. I'm thinking maybe this is why I can't flash CM6 properly. I run adb logcat and I just get a loop. :P
-T-Mobile HTC ONE
-32GB Internal
-Android 4.1.2
-TrickDroid

Phones I had:
Kyrocera KX1, Samsung Alias, Nokia N95, Mytouch 3g, iPhone 3G 8GB, iPhone 3G 16GB, Nexus One, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, HTC G1, Samsung Vibrant, HTC Sensation, White Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4, Nexus 4, HTC One

astromer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusOne3k View Post
Hello,

actually ive got the same problem. Coming from Nightly Build (27.08.2010) and want to flash the CM6.0 (Final).

Nexus is staying in a bootloop and a fullwipe with RA doesnt make it possible to boot the CM6.0.

So i forwarded the problem as an issue to the CM Dev. He recommended to clear the System with :

fastboot erase system -w

erasing 'system'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.066s
exactly the same problem here.. any ideas?

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Did any of you use the One-Click root method (or Unrevoked)?

That installs a custom usb driver that may not work properly with fastboot.

If this is the case, remove that driver and replace it with the one from the SDK...

May work... ?
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]

PlusOne3k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I unlocked the Nexus One with fastboot oem unlock.

Did not use the "one click" method, using the Android SDK USB Drivers.

Other Option : Tried to format the "System" with Clockwork Orange Recovery - still got the bootloop.

Quote:
D/AndroidRuntime( 198):
D/AndroidRuntime( 198): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I/AndroidRuntime( 198): Heap size: -Xmx16m
D/AndroidRuntime( 198): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 198): creating instr width table
D/dalvikvm( 198): DexOpt: incorrect opt magic number (0xff ff ff ff)
D/dalvikvm( 198): Stale deps in cache file; removing and retrying
W/dalvikvm( 198): Size mismatch on inflated file (1375125 vs 1376936)
E/dalvikvm( 198): Unable to extract+optimize DEX from '/system/framework/services.jar'
D/dalvikvm( 198): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'
D/AndroidRuntime( 198): --- registering native functions ---
E/JNIHelp ( 198): Native registration unable to find class 'com/android/server/Watchdog'
E/AndroidRuntime( 198): Unable to register all android natives
Best regards, Alex.