5,604,686 Members 37,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] ADB Gui - Also flashes radios [08/01/11]

Tip us?

minooch
Old
(Last edited by minooch; 8th January 2011 at 03:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1416

DONATE TO ME
Smile [TOOL] ADB Gui - Also flashes radios [08/01/11]

For all you guys constantly flashing kernels,

I have made a little app to make sure that all command are typed in correctly & to make it a little easier.

You can find it here.

http://minooch.com

Let me know if you think I can make any improvements.

I've only tested it with my N1, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work on other android phones - its just using adb & fastboot. Having said that, it will obviously need the AndroidSDK installed (well partly) & the only other requirement is .NET 2.0 or up.

I finally got around to posting the new version - Version 1.0.1 - The main feature that has been added is synchronise. For example, you can select a folder full of music on your PC & it will copy all the music to your phone (if it's not already on there), & if there is music on your phone thats not on your pc that will copy over as well.

26/05/10 - Small change - Version 1.0.2 - ADB location is now saved in registry

17/08/10 - Version 1.0.3 - Added flash radio (via fastboot) - It will reboot into the bootloader, flash the radio & then reboot the phone

30/08/10 - Version 1.0.4 - Added a donate link

25/11/10 - Version 1.1 - It now has the option to verify the MD5 before flashing a radio

08/01/11 - Version 1.2 - Language can now be changed - Language.lang has the values of all labels, buttons & comboboxes

Known Bugs: (wth synchronise)
  1. If a folder has a space in its name, it's contents won't sync properly (currently working on a solution)
  2. If you delete a file/folder on your phone/pc (not both) it will be copied back next time you sync (not sure how to fix)
  3. The destination folder must exist already (/sdcard/music or where ever you choose), but obviously not the folders what will synced they will be created
Cheers,

Minooch

Feel free to donate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2863
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	449261   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1866
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	449262   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1545
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	449263  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rcxquake
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nice work. Looks like it will make things easier for inexperienced users...which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.

Also, you might want to add "adb reboot recovery". I know I use it fairly often.

(make it "adb wait-for-device reboot recovery". This way, if your phone is bootlooping due to you having not installed bcm4329, you can access recovery for adb push options to fix the bootloop)

minooch
Old
(Last edited by minooch; 20th April 2010 at 07:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxquake View Post
Nice work. Looks like it will make things easier for inexperienced users...which I am not sure is a good or bad thing.

Also, you might want to add "adb reboot recovery". I know I use it fairly often.

(make it "adb wait-for-device reboot recovery". This way, if your phone is bootlooping due to you having not installed bcm4329, you can access recovery for adb push options to fix the bootloop)
didn't know that command will add it now. - edit: Done

Cheers,

Minooch

drewstiff
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm happy with ADB so not going to be using this (don't mean that the way it sounds!) but just thought if the user is pushing the .ko over adb, will they need and "adb remount" option as well?

minooch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1416

DONATE TO ME
yep you will need to remount - but that is automatic.

Using my tool, it takes less steps & is faster

kaiser_tytnii
Old
Thanks Meter 42
great tool! thumbs up!

mikroN1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great tool. Any chance for a Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache option? A lot of times this will fix a bootloop when flashing different kernels on top of eachother. I understand it's in the recovery but this could speed up the process even more.

minooch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroN1 View Post
Great tool. Any chance for a Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache option? A lot of times this will fix a bootloop when flashing different kernels on top of eachother. I understand it's in the recovery but this could speed up the process even more.
Thanks,

Will have a look into it.

PapaDocta
Old
Thanks Meter 79
looks like a nice tool.. gonna give it a try

good work man

redraiderj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey man I'd have to say that I'm getting used to the command line that I nearly forgot there's something in the world called GUI It's really a great tool for lazy guys like me (even I've written a simple shell script). Good job!