Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NEW ROM!!! Dragonstorm 23139 - eXpo/IQ - Restored MS Voice Command

Tip us?

Dark9781
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
I had promised a COM2 build with the start menu on the top and now it is here. Links are posted for Dragonstorm - 21901.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?

freitasm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good job there... Installed today, and just noticed that Internet Explorer Mobile seems a bit "strange"... It doesn't render websites as well as the original Internet Explorer Mobile released with the stock ROM.

Also I'd suggest change the MEdia Net connection to be unlocked by default. Also remove the Connection Locked value in the Internet Sharing key - this would allow to use any other connection for Internet sharing, not only MEdia Net.

Dark9781
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitasm View Post
Good job there... Installed today, and just noticed that Internet Explorer Mobile seems a bit "strange"... It doesn't render websites as well as the original Internet Explorer Mobile released with the stock ROM.

Also I'd suggest change the MEdia Net connection to be unlocked by default. Also remove the Connection Locked value in the Internet Sharing key - this would allow to use any other connection for Internet sharing, not only MEdia Net.
Internet Explorer is a newer version which isn't as great as the older version. As for Media Net connection being unlocked by default is something I don't want to do. There are those that could mess something up in there. Besides there is a cab on LG-eXpo.com that will do this. Lastly I plan on getting rid of the lock on Internet Sharing in the next build.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
Can you see my memories?

Dark9781
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Links for a new build are up. See second post for changes from the last build.
Dropbox
Can you see my memories?

Rookie67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still have my trusty Tilt ... lol ... so deciding on weather to get the Tilt 2 or the LG Expo, since both the same price ... I only like the Manilla ROMs ... sooooo maybe I'll get the Tilt 2 with 1 year contact and by then maybe there will be a good Manilla ROM for the LG Expo?

But, Expo has 5mp camera w/flash, not to mention faster processor .... hmmmm. My friend already had the Tilt 2 with custom Manilla ROM, it rocks, but other than speed and the whole sensy thing, its kinda flimsy and I'll have to be all careful with it. Wow this is tough, maybe I'll just keep old trusty for a little longer.

Geez no ROM pics?!?!?

teoami
Old
(Last edited by teoami; 18th May 2010 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm glad to see that my efforts from before are still helping people today.

Good job Dark.
Current->HTC Surround WP7

Former->AT&T Fuze HardSPL: 1.90 Olinex Radio: 1.12.25.19 ROM: Energy Addict
Former-> LG Incite

See if you can beat me in a fight.
Fight me on MyBrute!

to allow me to better support you!

SPIDERTECH
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781 View Post
Links for a new build are up. See second post for changes from the last build.
I noticed that MS Office mobile 2010 was included in this rom, but is it the final version? I think it was this last week or so that MS released the full version for download from the market as a free upgrade to those that had mobile office preinstalled. I was just curious if that's what is in this rom now.

Dark9781
Old
(Last edited by Dark9781; 23rd May 2010 at 02:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERTECH View Post
I noticed that MS Office mobile 2010 was included in this rom, but is it the final version? I think it was this last week or so that MS released the full version for download from the market as a free upgrade to those that had mobile office preinstalled. I was just curious if that's what is in this rom now.
I believe that it is the final version cooked into the roms, but it may be the beta. I justed used the module that was part of the build. If it is the beta there is no time bomb so you don't have to worry about it expiring.

EDIT: The shortcuts and when you go into the about screens don't say that it is the Beta version so I really think it is the final.
Dropbox
Can you see my memories?

SPIDERTECH
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781 View Post
I believe that it is the final version cooked into the roms, but it may be the beta. I justed used the module that was part of the build. If it is the beta there is no time bomb so you don't have to worry about it expiring.

EDIT: The shortcuts and when you go into the about screens don't say that it is the Beta version so I really think it is the final.
Good deal then. I still have to get my phone repaired by LG so when I get it back I'm definitely going to flash the new rom again. I flashed the rom to see if it fixed the issues I've been having, but it didn't. I did check the memory before I reflashed the original rom back on it and I have to say...wow Right now with the fresh original rom it shows 48.83mb in use and with the dragonstorm rom it was only using like 8mb.

Hopefully they will fix my phone and I will be able to fully enjoy my eXpo. Then I can give my Tilt2 to my wife XD

josefcrist
Old
(Last edited by josefcrist; 1st June 2010 at 12:51 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
I am getting the error software update not supported for this model.

edit: sorry for being a noob i did not read that i had to extract the flasher to a certin direcory it is working now.

2nd edit: yay no more att log thing at startup. thank you this is a pretty sweet rom so far.
http://www.tinycave.com
Northern Utah Gun Club

Samsung captivate glide.
Pantech crossover.
Htc g1
Iphone 3g
samsung jack
Htc tmobile dash
lg incite- mp3 player and navagation
lg expo
sprint touch pro
Htc touch pro att fuze sold here on xda.
Plus a whole bunch of other phones that are not listed.