Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Google Goggles?

OP fldash

20th April 2010, 04:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

782 posts
Is the camera on the Vogue good enough for it? I've download both it and Barcode Scanner and both force close when I open them...

However Grocery IQ doesn't (and has a barcode scanner), but the Vogue camera doesn't seem good enough to scan the standard 12 digit barcodes on products...

Running 320x480 NBH (3-31-2010) and Myn's Donut...
20th April 2010, 08:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

1,558 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash

Is the camera on the Vogue good enough for it? I've download both it and Barcode Scanner and both force close when I open them...

However Grocery IQ doesn't (and has a barcode scanner), but the Vogue camera doesn't seem good enough to scan the standard 12 digit barcodes on products...

Running 320x480 NBH (3-31-2010) and Myn's Donut...

the camcorder doesn't work in the vogue so goggles is out, barcode scanner only works on 240x320, and our camera doesn't have auto focus, nor is the resolution high enough to scan barcodes, just large QR codes.
20th April 2010, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

782 posts
Thanks, I thought Goggles was pictures as well... didn't know it was camcorder... I wish they would allow text input on Barcode Scanner apps so that we can at least use them. Grocery IQ allows both text and voice entry and it works great.
20th April 2010, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

1,558 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash

Thanks, I thought Goggles was pictures as well... didn't know it was camcorder... I wish they would allow text input on Barcode Scanner apps so that we can at least use them. Grocery IQ allows both text and voice entry and it works great.

it's not a camcorder, but it uses the camcorder API to function, which doesn't work on the vogue yet
21st April 2010, 04:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Google shopper does work, however...
21st April 2010, 05:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanford

Google shopper does work, however...

Just about to post that. Shopper works great on Vogue because you don't even need to scan a barcode or QR code. Just point your camera at the cover of a book/dvd/cd and it picks it up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread