Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 41,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Goggles?

Tip us?

fldash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Google Goggles?

Is the camera on the Vogue good enough for it? I've download both it and Barcode Scanner and both force close when I open them...

However Grocery IQ doesn't (and has a barcode scanner), but the Vogue camera doesn't seem good enough to scan the standard 12 digit barcodes on products...

Running 320x480 NBH (3-31-2010) and Myn's Donut...

mrono
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash View Post
Is the camera on the Vogue good enough for it? I've download both it and Barcode Scanner and both force close when I open them...

However Grocery IQ doesn't (and has a barcode scanner), but the Vogue camera doesn't seem good enough to scan the standard 12 digit barcodes on products...

Running 320x480 NBH (3-31-2010) and Myn's Donut...
the camcorder doesn't work in the vogue so goggles is out, barcode scanner only works on 240x320, and our camera doesn't have auto focus, nor is the resolution high enough to scan barcodes, just large QR codes.
Sprint Evo 4G(Rooted)

Evo Links - NAND Root - 2.2 Root - (un)Root - Recovery - Roms - Radio - NexTANG Theme

fldash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Thanks, I thought Goggles was pictures as well... didn't know it was camcorder... I wish they would allow text input on Barcode Scanner apps so that we can at least use them. Grocery IQ allows both text and voice entry and it works great.

mrono
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash View Post
Thanks, I thought Goggles was pictures as well... didn't know it was camcorder... I wish they would allow text input on Barcode Scanner apps so that we can at least use them. Grocery IQ allows both text and voice entry and it works great.
it's not a camcorder, but it uses the camcorder API to function, which doesn't work on the vogue yet
Sprint Evo 4G(Rooted)

Evo Links - NAND Root - 2.2 Root - (un)Root - Recovery - Roms - Radio - NexTANG Theme

conanford
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Google shopper does work, however...

GeJohnO
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanford View Post
Google shopper does work, however...
Just about to post that. Shopper works great on Vogue because you don't even need to scan a barcode or QR code. Just point your camera at the cover of a book/dvd/cd and it picks it up.