Ask a question

No registration required

no recovery after root 1 click! help!

OP Musenkishi

21st April 2010, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

15 posts
Really need some help guys. I have no recovery at all...
So i used the root in 1 click option... seems like I have root on my tattoo as I see # in adb shell (id shows root uid 0)... but I think I saw some error when it installed the custom recovery image and I can't seem to get access to it.
When I try to reboot into recovery it just freezes on the Tattoo-logo.
If I try to install recovery again with RecoveryTattoo.bat it just says that the header is fine and won't overwrite.
I got ahold of a flash_image binary from mainfram3 that overwrites even though the header is fine but this is the results:
Code:
# cd /data/local/bin
# ./flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery1click.img (recovery.img from rtattoo\sdcard)
No luck there... I get the message:
Code:
mtd: erase failure at 0x001c0000 (Input/output error)
mtd: erase failure at 0x001c0000 (Input/output error)
mtd: skipping write block at 0x001c0000
Any help is appreciated. I have root but no recovery and I want that so I can put in a new ROM.
Last edited by Musenkishi; 21st April 2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: more accurate title
21st April 2010, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

268 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you try to boot to recovery, what happens?

Try to flash the recovery image again...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649276
Last edited by coolbits; 21st April 2010 at 01:28 PM.
21st April 2010, 02:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbits

Did you try to boot to recovery, what happens?

Try to flash the recovery image again...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649276

When I try to boot to recovery the screen freezes at the Tattoo-logo (not HTC).
Same error with the recovery-RA-tattoo-v1.6.2.img...
24th April 2010, 07:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Seriously... I tried to re-flash it with RUU_Click_HTC_WWE_1.67.405.6_WWE_release_signed_No Driver.exe and it just got stuck on the htc-logo.
I cant get custom recovery and I can't restore to stock... I'm stuck with root and therefore no warranty... I need all the help I can get!
26th April 2010, 01:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Okay, I got one step further. The reason that it stopped at the htc-logo is that I had the wrong drivers for my Win 7 x64 (usb 171 error) but I changed the driver to My HTC on BOTH bootloader and phone.
Now I tried to flash with RUU again (with gold card of course) and surprise! it went beyond the htc-logo and REBOOTED less than a second later... nothing happened.
I'm STILL stuck with no recovery... any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Succesful RUU-flash. Don't know why but I tried a second time and then it worked. I hate when things change their mind on their own... but oh well, I'm back to stock at least. Giving root + recovery another try.

EDIT 2: Ok, back to first problem. It still get the erase failure at 0x001c0000 so i guess it's hardware related? I do get a regular reboot at every 3rd or 4th day if that matters...
Last edited by Musenkishi; 26th April 2010 at 02:14 AM.
4th April 2011, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:

EDIT 2: Ok, back to first problem. It still get the erase failure at 0x001c0000 so i guess it's hardware related? I do get a regular reboot at every 3rd or 4th day if that matters...

Got same error at address 0x00260000...
Have you solved it?
Last edited by doramon; 4th April 2011 at 04:16 PM.
4th April 2011, 04:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag Vienna

4 posts
More
did you try to flash RUU via hboot ?

Power on your phone while holding down the Volume Down button and the pressing the trackpad.

and then double click the exe file on the desktop ? usb has to be attached of course
4th April 2011, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musenkishi

Okay, I got one step further. The reason that it stopped at the htc-logo is that I had the wrong drivers for my Win 7 x64 (usb 171 error) but I changed the driver to My HTC on BOTH bootloader and phone.
Now I tried to flash with RUU again (with gold card of course) and surprise! it went beyond the htc-logo and REBOOTED less than a second later... nothing happened.
I'm STILL stuck with no recovery... any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Succesful RUU-flash. Don't know why but I tried a second time and then it worked. I hate when things change their mind on their own... but oh well, I'm back to stock at least. Giving root + recovery another try.

that was exactly the problem I have. sometimes it loop at the logo sometimes it freeze at htc green robot. I just keep flashing again and again and it worked.
4th April 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #9  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosLanges

Power on your phone while holding down the Volume Down button and the pressing the trackpad.

and then double click the exe file on the desktop ? usb has to be attached of course

yes...i've flashed official RUU in hboot putting CLICIMG.zip in sdcard cause a 170 error using .exe. but then when i ran 1click the same error appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruzz

that was exactly the problem I have. sometimes it loop at the logo sometimes it freeze at htc green robot. I just keep flashing again and again and it worked.

i've already tried several time but nothing...
Flashed correctly boot, i have # su grant but can't flash recovery
4th April 2011, 08:40 PM   |  #10  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosLanges

yes...i've flashed official RUU in hboot putting CLICIMG.zip in sdcard cause a 170 error using .exe. but then when i ran 1click the same error appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruzz

i've already tried several time but nothing...
Flashed correctly boot, i have # su grant but can't flash recovery

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread