Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Morph Theme] Minimalistic - This Version is dead, new version from Manup soonish

Tip us?

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
(Last edited by AbsoluteDesignz; 23rd June 2010 at 01:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Morph Theme] Minimalistic - This Version is dead, new version from Manup soonish

I'm going to go ahead and call this dead...I can't find anyone willing to work on this, and those I did find are out of contact, or cannot work on the theme...so yea, I'm going to reach out to some people, but the future of this theme isn't looking good...sorry guys...anyone who wants to pick up this theme let me know via gtalk (absolutedesignz@gmail.com) or email (same email)

MARKET FORCECLOSE FIX (I personally haven't had this issue at all but it is known to have fixed the issue for others)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673870

[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Red"]UPDATE 5/11/2010 ADDED MODIFIED CHOMPSMS 3.9 APP
Thank you britoso for the Twitter widget font fix.

By DAVID1171 and AbsoluteDesignz

latest updated version coming soon (Statusbar and statusbar icons)

UPDATE 4/30/2010 ADDED MODIFIED CHOMPSMS 3.8 APP AND MODIFIED OFFICIAL TWITTER APP AS ATTACHMENTS

From David1171
Quote:
This is the first public release and there is still a lot we plan to do with it, so bear with us.

Minimalistic Beta
http://android-theme-minus.googlecod...istic_Beta.zip

Alternate Widgets
These are widgets that were made during the testing phases, and are the ones shown in the current screen shots in the OP. The widgets in the above file are about 40% transparent (vs. 50%) for the black ones, and have a slight shadow underneath them. The calendar widget is also only at 25% transparency and has a black border around it.
http://android-theme-minus.googlecod...at-Widgets.zip

Since we have yet to do the status bar icons (just had other things we were working on first), I recommend that you install the desire notification bar for your ROM from here, so that you can have a decent looking status bar, and a proper working services.jar.

Once the theme gets large enough, or enough is done with, then we will start releasing the bulk of it as flashable updates, and leave morphs to smaller parts of it.
For More Icons to use with Bettercut you may need to resize the icons yourself to 72x72 if you are using an app on the dock as it may cause distortion in its fullsize (no clue if the 72x72 icons from better cut don't distort)
Quote:
i used the ecqlipse icons on Deviant art...search for those and use bettercut to apply...especially since all of those will be in data/app and thusly not useable by Metamorph anyways.

here are two sets I know off hand...

http://chrfb.deviantart.com/art/quot...t-PNG-59941546

http://linkz57.deviantart.com/art/Sy...ress-129297185
File Type: apk chomp39edit.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.65 MB, 123 views)

david1171
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
I really like the look of this and would like to try and help bring this to a reality. If you don't mind working with me, then send me a pm and I will give you my email so we can communicate easier.
Device: Nexus S 4G
ROM: CM7
CM7 Theme Engine: MinimalBread
App Mod: Demotivators Protips Widget
My Icon Sets: Minimalist and Minimal
Twitter: david1171_
Google Chrome Theme: Minimalist
PayPal: If you would like to donate

rori~
Old
Thanks Meter 700

DONATE TO ME
Wow, very nice look !!!***

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1171 View Post
I really like the look of this and would like to try and help bring this to a reality. If you don't mind working with me, then send me a pm and I will give you my email so we can communicate easier.
aiight, PMs don't notify unless you activate it in settings so I'm sending this to let you know I sent you a PM
yeah...

zeroONEex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love minimalistic themes too, please make this into a reality!

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroONEex View Post
I love minimalistic themes too, please make this into a reality!
I'll do my best...I hope me and David can work something out...due to its lack of overall complexity (with most things being a shadeless, transparent black white or grey) it should be relatively easy...if I knew anything about .9pngs and XML etc, I'd prob do it all myself...
yeah...

Ogglord
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I love the look of this! Would very much appreciate if this became reality, good luck!

frostman89
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Seems like it could be a great theme.

I know currently there is a closed beta of a minimalism theme for the Droid, which should be available to the public around the beginning of May.

I'm sure it will take little to no time for someone to port it over to the Nexus when it does become live.

Here is a link:
http://alldroid.org/threads/15440-Da...TATUS-BAR-POLL

xxmonsterx
Old
Thanks Meter 18
seems like your pretty good with photoshop yourself. why dont you make your own theme?

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostman89 View Post
Seems like it could be a great theme.

I know currently there is a closed beta of a minimalism theme for the Droid, which should be available to the public around the beginning of May.

I'm sure it will take little to no time for someone to port it over to the Nexus when it does become live.

Here is a link:
http://alldroid.org/threads/15440-Da...TATUS-BAR-POLL
WOW...looks nice, perhaps I'll take SOME things from it design wise (not style wise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmonsterx View Post
seems like your pretty good with photoshop yourself. why dont you make your own theme?
I'm trying.
yeah...