Screen malfunction : "liquid-like" spot appears under glass screen!
I've had my Legend for two days now. I've ported all apps with AppBrain, I've restored all contacts, sms/mms/call logs and I've set it up with my Google account.
Then after I plugged it from charging today:
- I noticed a "spot" in the center of the screen.
- It has a "wobbly" edge to it (caterpillar like)
- It's darker than the rest of the screen
- There are five "spots" in a line running thru it which are as light/same color as the rest of the screen (I figure these are somehow part of the touch functionality of the screen).
- When I run my finger over it, it "moves" in fluid like motion, up and down the screen. NOT sideways.
- It's visible when screen is turned on, but there is nothing visible on the or damage to the AMOLED.
What's going on here? It's off-course never been droppen, it's brand new, it's only been out of the house ONCE for a small walk...you know the drill, it's brand new.
I figure some kind of fault in the assembly of the phone, perhaps the capacative layer is loosening from the glass or the glass is touching the amoled.
I've sent mail to the store and I'm awaiting an answer. BUT, these things can be a hassle. How should I handle this? Should I use it anymore at all?
Anyone else seen this before or on their Legend? (I've dropped my Hero several times and never seen this before).