Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think I bricked my Omnia ):

Tip us?

heavywater
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And btw is there any versions that will keep the samsung virtual keypad and things like that (not the damn cube though)?

jebise101
Old
(Last edited by jebise101; 28th April 2010 at 12:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 117
like i menchioned get a lite ROM I use tw2 ROM's Garys are good to. I like tw2 ROM because they are totally stipped ROMS except for samsung dialer and SMS and he gives cabs of all the apps so people can restore what they use. Garys is also very nice lite ROM with the basic apps that mainly everyone uses. Its your choice really what you want you can install the JD3 stock ROM as well, but why? when these lite ROM's giuve you more RAM.

As for drivers you may need to search on the site i don't have the links because there are new updated drivers for windows 7 which should work on vista too. When using octans make sure to hit detect and then plug in the phone (phone must be off) then click start. You only need to flash the PDA unless other parts messed up during the update, you won't know till you flash.

Driver installation:
1.) Turn off Phone
2.) Plug into PC
3.) Let it install the default drivers
4.) Go into device manager
5.) Go under the phone menu
6.) Update drivers and follow the steps and when asked which location point to the driver you just downloaded.

The-Rock
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flash i8000

PROBLEM-HEPL pls..

cannot flash: the phone is stuck with an image of a mobile device, a pc, and a (!) sign in between!

unable to hard reset, unabe to flash - octan does detect the phone, but flash phone image and error (the end)

octan write: [Setup:0] PDA Device removed.
[Setup] Windows XP
[Setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)
OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&ed04620&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}
[Down] CSC Image.
[Down] MoviNAND Image.
[Down] Phone Image.
[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

[CSC:0] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------
[CSC:0] Verision:[I8000ATOIJ8]
[CSC:0] SalesCode:[ATO]
[CSC:0] Priority:[0x1]
[PDA:0] LANG_ID:[7][0405]
[Phone:0] Download to 0x0
[Phone:0] StartOffset: 0
[Phone:0] EndOffset: 16777216
[MOVINAND:0] Download start 0x0 and all!! :(

I have win 7 32bit..driver install from modaco..octans (setting XP service pack3), restart..but cannot flash..HELP please? Soory, my bad english...