[REQ] Tweaks to remove Arrow Keys from Keyboard

OP leejiahui

26th April 2010, 05:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Hi guys, I am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when I try to tap the space bar, I tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing T9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. and I believe same goes to most of you HD2 users.

Can I please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that I believe will help many of us out there. thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

PS: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks Again!
Last edited by leejiahui; 26th April 2010 at 05:39 PM.
26th April 2010, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leejiahui

hi guys, i am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when i try to tap the space bar, i tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing t9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. And i believe same goes to most of you hd2 users.

Can i please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that i believe will help many of us out there. Thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

Ps: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks again!

amen too that!
26th April 2010, 06:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 384

2,530 posts
More
I would also like to see this happen.
26th April 2010, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 71

1,535 posts
Donate to Me
me also
26th April 2010, 07:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 384

2,530 posts
More
Maybe something like the HD Mini, it has a button to switch between having the arrows and disabling them.
26th April 2010, 07:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag marco de canaveses
Thanks Meter: 35

530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrj28

Maybe something like the HD Mini, it has a button to switch between having the arrows and disabling them.

ya maybe someone can port the hd mini keyboard for hd2
26th April 2010, 08:36 PM   |  #7  
Flag South Coast, UK
Thanks Meter: 188

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanax

ya maybe someone can port the hd mini keyboard for hd2

This would have the added bonus of freeing up more screen real estate. Or bigger buttons would be nice.
26th April 2010, 10:14 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
I would also love to see this happen.
26th April 2010, 10:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 57

1,551 posts
More
The simple solution is for some third-party developer to design an alternative VK that finally utilizes the upgraded screen real-estate.

Android has tons of different keyboard layouts... developers just need to jump on-board with Windows Mobile.
27th April 2010, 04:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignzone

The simple solution is for some third-party developer to design an alternative VK that finally utilizes the upgraded screen real-estate.

Android has tons of different keyboard layouts... developers just need to jump on-board with Windows Mobile.

I hate the arrows as well... We need a project to start working on this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread