5,605,685 Members 48,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Tweaks to remove Arrow Keys from Keyboard

Tip us?

leejiahui
Old
(Last edited by leejiahui; 26th April 2010 at 05:39 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [REQ] Tweaks to remove Arrow Keys from Keyboard

Hi guys, I am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when I try to tap the space bar, I tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing T9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. and I believe same goes to most of you HD2 users.

Can I please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that I believe will help many of us out there. thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

PS: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks Again!

daleandla
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leejiahui View Post
hi guys, i am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when i try to tap the space bar, i tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing t9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. And i believe same goes to most of you hd2 users.

Can i please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that i believe will help many of us out there. Thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

Ps: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks again!
amen too that!

Verizon Galaxy Nexus
ROM: What ever is newest!
Radio version: Stock
Current: Nexus,HD2 TMobile (NDT V30 MIUI 2.3.5),Tmo Vibrant (Droid) Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro (Fuze), Tmo Wing.

chrisrj28
Old
Thanks Meter 356
I would also like to see this happen.
T-Mobile HTC One successor to my T-Mobile Sensation 4g Successor to my TBD HD2 Successor to my EnergyRom TP2
OS: [FEB 15] ViperOne 5.7.0 | 4.19.401.8 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 |
Kernel: ElementalX 13.4 Beta

and don't forget to thank me if I have assisted you in any way

dinik
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
me also

chrisrj28
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Maybe something like the HD Mini, it has a button to switch between having the arrows and disabling them.
T-Mobile HTC One successor to my T-Mobile Sensation 4g Successor to my TBD HD2 Successor to my EnergyRom TP2
OS: [FEB 15] ViperOne 5.7.0 | 4.19.401.8 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 |
Kernel: ElementalX 13.4 Beta

and don't forget to thank me if I have assisted you in any way

nirvanax
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrj28 View Post
Maybe something like the HD Mini, it has a button to switch between having the arrows and disabling them.
ya maybe someone can port the hd mini keyboard for hd2

Major_Sarcasm
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanax View Post
ya maybe someone can port the hd mini keyboard for hd2
This would have the added bonus of freeing up more screen real estate. Or bigger buttons would be nice.
Steve - Nexus 4 (Omni) & Nexus 7 (CM10.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEURONIX View Post
Is there possible to install an iOS 4 on the Android. So it will be the same as on iPhone.
If I made you laugh or I helped you in some way, click the 'Thanks' button.
If I upset you or made you cry, get a grip; this isn't real life! It's XDA Developers!

Stilts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would also love to see this happen.

Reignzone
Old
Thanks Meter 57
The simple solution is for some third-party developer to design an alternative VK that finally utilizes the upgraded screen real-estate.

Android has tons of different keyboard layouts... developers just need to jump on-board with Windows Mobile.
Currently using: HTC One
Backup device: iPhone 5
In the past: Every mobile handset ever created; EVER!

faisalee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignzone View Post
The simple solution is for some third-party developer to design an alternative VK that finally utilizes the upgraded screen real-estate.

Android has tons of different keyboard layouts... developers just need to jump on-board with Windows Mobile.
I hate the arrows as well... We need a project to start working on this
Device: Galaxy Note II LTE
ROM: CleanRom ACE 4.5