[APP] Mobile Receptionist 0.950 [2010.07.01] rule-based phone automation!
What It Does
Mobile Receptionist automatically handles calls, SMS, and other events, with user-configurable criteria and actions.
How It Works
You configure the Mobile Receptionist via Profiles
. Profiles handle incoming events and phone status changes.
Multiple profiles can be enabled simultaneously. For example, you could have one profile automatically forward all incoming SMS messages to an email address for archiving, and another one that responds to all SMS messages and incoming calls while you're at work.
The Full Profile has Rules
. Each Rule contains Criteria
. If all the Critiera are met, then all the Actions are executed. There are also Criteria for the Profile, which apply globally to all Rules in the Profile.
The Full Profile has complete functionality and flexibility of Rules, Criteria, and Actions - but there are also specialized Profile types that are streamlined and easier to configure:
A Sms Responder Profile only handles incoming calls/sms and responds to the original caller.
A Event Monitor Profile only monitors events and sends notifications to a set address.
A Blacklist Profile only ignores or hangs up on certain numbers or contacts.
A Remote Control Profile allows remote control of the phone. Send SMS, get GPS coordinates, disable/enable profiles, look up contact information, etc.
Watching a movie: set up rules to respond to missed calls and text messages with an SMS saying you're unavailable and will get back to them later.
Archiving: set up rules to forward all text messages to your email account.
Multiple phones: if you have a work phone and a personal phone, after working hours you could set up rules on your work phone to send SMS to your personal phone if the call/message is urgent.
Remote notification: If you're entering a secure building where you can't bring your phone, but have internet access, set up rules to send you an email every time you missed a call, got a text message, have an upcoming appointment.
- Windows Mobile 5 or greater
- .NET CF 3.5 or greater
- Unlimited SMS plan (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Unlimited Data plan (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
(this pic is out of date)
The current version of Mobile Receptionist is in open beta, and certain functionality is restricted to registered users. Currently, registration is only available directly from the developer. A product information and registration website is under construction and will be available with the final 1.0 release.
The unregistered version of Mobile Receptionist has the following restrictions: only 3 enabled profiles at a time; only 1 full profile; full profiles containing Repeating GPS, Application Toggling, Profile Disabling, or Remote Control Actions is limited to 60 minutes before automatically disabling itself.
Mobile Receptionist can be registered at www.philchuang.com
, and pricing is expected to be $3-5.
Registration codes will be valid for an entire major version (ie 1.00 to 1.99) and are tied to one specific mobile device. In accordance with Microsoft Marketplace policies, each Windows Live ID will be allowed to register up to 5 devices.
[2010.07.01] - 0.950b optimization/new features release
[2010.06.15] - 0.943b bugfixes
[2010.06.09] - 0.942b bugfixes
[2010.06.08] - 0.941b bugfixes
[2010.06.01] - 0.940b bugfixes, new features release
[2010.04.21] - 0.931b logging messages fixed
[2010.04.21] - 0.930b bugfixes, new feature release
[2009.10.20] - 0.910b bugfix/optimized release
[2009.09.24] - 0.903b bugfix release
[2009.08.21] - 0.902b bugfix release
[2009.04.19] - 0.901b bugfix release
[2009.04.10] - 0.900b open beta release
[2009.02.10] - 0.880b wider closed beta release
[2009.01.10] - 0.800b closed beta release
Official app page
Follow PhilChuang.com software on twitter!
- Rules for
- Incoming calls
- Outgoing calls
- Missed calls
- Voicemail notification
- Incoming SMS
- Battery notification
- Cradling notification
- Rule Criteria
- Time criteria to filter by time of day, etc.
- Contact criteria to filter by phone number matching, contact properties
- Message criteria to filter by SMS content
- Current Appointment criteria to filter by Status (Free, Busy, Tentative, OutOfOffice)
- Send messages to SMS or email, fully configurable with variables
- Send GPS coordinates to SMS or email (with repeating capability)
- Suspending/Resuming the MobileReceptionist
- Disabling a Profile
- Ignore/Answer/Speakerphone/Hangup phone calls
- Look up contacts/appointments
- User-configurable log messages
- Execute any command with arguments
- Full - complete flexibility in rules, criteria, and actions
- SMS Responder - A streamlined profile that only sends SMS replies to a missed caller or incoming text message.
- Event Monitor - A streamlined profile that sends event notifications (call, voicemail, sms) via sms or email.
- Blacklist - A specialized profile that ignores or hangs up on certain numbers or contacts.
- Remote Control - A specialized profile that allows remote control of the phone. Send SMS, get GPS coordinates, disable/enable profiles, look up contact information, etc.
To Do List
- Open beta
- Since this is a beta, program access will expire on 01 August 2010
- Low Battery Rule has been implemented, executes when the battery level changes.
- Added "Answer Call on speakerphone" option to Incoming Call Rules.
- Added ExecuteAction to run any command.
- Rules for
- Light Sensor
- Incoming Email
- Gps Movement Tracking
- Rule Criteria
- Repeat criteria to only execute a rule a certain number of times
- Appointment Subject criteria
- Current Location criteria
- Orientation criteria
- Remote Admin actions, such as:
- disable/enable the application
- lookup appointment information
- lookup notes
- Automatic Profile scheduling
- Import/Export of Profiles
- Improved data access performance (using sqlce)
fixed form disposed exceptions
Low Battery Rule - executes when battery level changes
Cradled/Uncradled Rule - executes when device is cradled/uncradled
Incoming Call Rule - now able to answer calls and turn on speakerphone
Log Action - add your own log messages
Execute Action - run any command, with arguments
much improved handling of events when Mobile Receptionist isn't running
misc editors - better display when SIP is showing
notifications now give the user a chance to cancel actions such as answering/ending calls, sms responses.
fixed time criteria bug
fixed options display in rule editor dialog
fixed crash on missed call detection
Full Profile Editor - crash on creating new incoming call rule
Log - prevent false incoming call hits
[misc editors] - better display when SIP is showing
Main dialog - fixed some menu items not properly disabled/enabled
Rule Editor dialog - bug on entering dialog a second time
Rule Editor dialog - actions now display in new item softmenu
Event Monitor Profile - incoming call no longer always checked if missed call is checked
Incoming Call Handler multiple execution bug
[misc editors] - tabs won't switch when left/right is pressed in textboxes
StringCriteria - fixed bug
OutlookSession - fixed wrong thread bugs
New Remote Control Profile type
Added ability to automatically answer incoming calls
Sms Responder Profile - added full criteria
Finish beta version of appointment reminders
Make variables field-aware so that they don't display in fields that don't make sense
Implement form caching