Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CLOSED] iPhoneUI [2010-05-22, Version 0.3.6a] - An iPhone shell for 480x800 phones

Tip us?

chabbe11
Old
(Last edited by chabbe11; 13th June 2010 at 09:02 PM.) Reason: Updated to version 0.3.6a
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [CLOSED] iPhoneUI [2010-05-22, Version 0.3.6a] - An iPhone shell for 480x800 phones

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey!

I've been working on a project the 4 last months and it's looking pretty good now. It's only compatible with WVGA devices (480x800 resolutions).

What is it?
iPhoneUI is a shell for the Windows Mobile system. It works on the Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1 & 6.5 systems.
It is maximized which means that this will "overwrite" your booring original windows homescreen.
It features a nicely made topbar, sliding between pages, a lockscreen and some widgets.

Before starting
*Please COMMENT & give me feedback and suggestions on what i should add to the application. Without you I won't be able to improve the shell.
*If you like my work, please be generous and donate a few bucks to support my work Donate here

Instructions

1. Go to my website (http://www.chabbeclub.tk)
2. Download the latest build & the .NET 3.5 cab from my website.
3. Install (if not already installed on your device) the dotnet.cab file.
4. Then install the latest iPhoneUI build
5. Soft-Reset device (if needed) and you're good to go!

Latest Changelog
Made changes in topbar
Remade the UnlockWidget. I've added a UnlockSlider.txt in iPhoneUI folder that the application now uses to view text in the unlockwidget.
Added option to change the Unlockslider.txt file in options menu.
Also added abillity to change the vibration pattern in the options menu.
Removed the battery charging icon and instead it will now show a dot (.) infront of the battery percentage when charging
Also deleted the ugly battery icon in topbar.

Problems/Bugs
**A serious bug which I at the moment can't seem to fix. The problem is that the multi-pages function only works with english and swedish devices. All other devices will only be able to get the first and last page.

Temporary solution to viewing all the pages for non-english/swedish devices
  1. First, you need to download and install the latest build from my website.
  2. Then go to Program(s)/iPhoneUI and transfer the Shellconfig.xml to your computer
  3. Open it up with notepad
  4. Press Ctrl + F and search for <targetFolder>\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\</targetFolder>
  5. When it has found the text, change the targetFolder to where your programs folder is located. Unfortunately you have to do this manually.
  6. Press save and upload it to the Program(s)iPhoneUI folder, if needed overwrite the previous.
  7. Restart application and done! Now the multi-pages should work for all devices, even for the non-english/swedish.

Notice

This project is closed due to not beeing appreciated, and therefore don't expect to recieve any answers or help from me although I'll try and help you the best way I can. My website will still be up for those of you who wants the application.
Nokia 3310 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 5210 --> Sony Ericsson T310i --> Motorola V3 --> Nokia 6230i --> Motorola V3i --> Xperia X1 --> Xperia X10 --> Motorola V3i --> Sony Ericsson W200i --> HTC Hero --> Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

chabbe11
Old
(Last edited by chabbe11; 22nd May 2010 at 11:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Screenshots

Screenshots of the official build (Version 0.3.6a)

English:

Swedish:

chabbe11
Old
(Last edited by chabbe11; 20th May 2010 at 06:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Screenshots and changelog of upcomming release

No new build at the moment

chabbe11
Old
(Last edited by chabbe11; 10th May 2010 at 08:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default FAQ

FAQ

[*] I am receiving an error. Its telling me to install NETCFv35.Messages.En.cab but I have already installed the dotnet.cab. What should I do?

- Please try and download this file. Install it and then run my application. If needed, restart device.

[**]I'd like to donate a few bucks. What should I do?

- Please follow this link.

More to come

thesecondsfade
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108
How is this different than iPhoneToday or iFonz?
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.

apax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesecondsfade View Post
x2.....iphonetoday is a champ right now for me..
whats the difference with this one

magawa
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
x3 same think
My Devices:
Nokia 5530 > Nokia 6300 > HTC Elf > HTC Elfin > Samsung Omnia "Bricked: > HTC HD2 > Samsung Omnia "AnotherOne" > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Omnia "Again" > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy S II "Again" > Samsung Galaxy S 4 "Currently"

chabbe11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesecondsfade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apax View Post
x2.....iphonetoday is a champ right now for me..
whats the difference with this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by magawa View Post
x3 same think
Hey guys,

The difference is that it's using a fullscreen and because of that I have a topbar. But this app is slower and the iphonetoday app is better according to some, not me . But I've been working on it for 4 months now and it's really turning out... As if now, the iphonetoday is a little bit better but I'm working on it every day

tito12
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Come on guys, be good sports and admit it's the first of iPhone clones to look exactly like a real one. Thumbs up chabbe11 and good luck with the development, you have tough competition
Htc Uk Wifi Flyer - HC 3.2.1
iPhone 4S - IOS 5.0.1 JB
Htc Touch Elfin - (retired) WM 6.5.5 - Onyx 6 rom

wangiles
Old
(Last edited by wangiles; 28th April 2010 at 05:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
not really an iphone fan. but am a supporter to developers like you. Keep it up!

(Instead of this GUI, why not create your own? Need help, can look for me. Of course, this is not to dampen you, but to give more options for you. )

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe