Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can audio come out of car stereo via FM Tuner

Tip us?

rkaplins
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can audio come out of car stereo via FM Tuner

I can't remember where I saw it but I remember reading that the Incredible can use the built in FM Tuner to broadcast the sound out of the car speakers rather than just receive FM signal to play on the phone. Does anyone know anything about this?

radar5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
you would need an FM transmitter to do that and I don't think it has one built-in.

cheifkeiff
Old
(Last edited by cheifkeiff; 27th April 2010 at 07:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Not sure it would probably need some type of application or hack to get it to do that not sure it does it put of the box though.

vilord
Old
(Last edited by vilord; 27th April 2010 at 10:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Supposedly the chip has that capability, but it may need an antenna which may or may not be installed, and it hasn't been advertised as a feature.
It is unlikely this will work out of the box, and may never work without opening the phone.

But we won't know until someone finds a way to turn on that part of the chip

EDIT: And for the naysayers, This has an FM tuner out of the box... we're talking about an FM modulator, which the chip *does* support, whether HTC implemented it is the unknown

two_cents
Old
Thanks Meter 68
fm tuner just means you can listen to the radio on your phone... if it said FM modulator then it would mean you can transmit fm signal out of it...

deekjx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Supposedly the chip has that capability, but it may need an antenna which may or may not be installed, and it hasn't been advertised as a feature.
That same chip also could provide us 802.11n. They managed to get that portion working after the fact on the Nexus One. I remain hopeful for this as well.
DeekJX
Dropbox referral: Easy way to send files between computers, tablets and phones.

Droid DNA

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sold to Best Buy with their Buy back program. Made money on it)
HTC Droid Incredible
Kaiser (ATT Tilt - KAIS100) International use only