Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,139 Members 51,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got mine yesterday... here is what I think.

Tip us?

compnird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Default Got mine yesterday... here is what I think.

So far this is a VERY responsive phone. I am enjoying it a lot. The screen is extremely responsive but the "buttons" don't get accidentally pressed a whole lot, not like other droids or the N1.
I am not a fan of the keyboard and am trying to find a version of Swype that works correctly on the Incredible. I used it on the regular DROID and also the Omnia 1 and Omnia2 and it's my personal favorite.

My biggest issue is WiFi. My home network is WPA2/TKIP and if I so much as try to attach to the network here, the entire router goes seriously awry and I have to shut down the router or turn off WiFi on the phone. I've never had this happen and I've been working with it almost all day today... it's just plain odd. I will try it on a few other Wireless networks and see what happens. Anyone else have the Incredible and using WiFi?

I also have the Verizon Network extender and it will not see it. Other VZW phones do and the Omnia2 i920 I just switched from was using it just fine. I will call VZW support and see if they can help me on that... I only have one bar 3g in my podunk location so without WiFi and Extender working I am running slow.

qquag
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have had mine for a few days. At work we have a couple of the verizon network extenders and I have talked to vzw about this they say that the droid and incredible use 3G to find out how much signal you have. how ever they still use the verizon extender for voice. As for wireless networks I have not had a single problem with my Linksys wireless routher flashed to dd-wrt