Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best radio for TG01?

Tip us?

man_1973
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Is my version a pre-beta or what?

I am new to this forum, and you all talk about the 1600-version or something like that..

I have had my TG01 in sweden for a year now or something, and the quality on the phone is terrible.. It hangs, it locks, I have to restart it, bad quality on the calls etc. etc.
When I check my radioversion on the phone, it is 5001.0800.76. It that one form the stoneage?? :)
When I downloaded the "latest" version from Toshiba a few minutes ago (I have not installed it) the filenamne is called "TG01WP_5005000176". Is that one even older than the one I have?

I am getting a bit confused... :)

(InsertNameHere)
Old
(Last edited by (InsertNameHere); 27th February 2011 at 10:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1973 View Post
I am new to this forum, and you all talk about the 1600-version or something like that..

I have had my TG01 in sweden for a year now or something, and the quality on the phone is terrible.. It hangs, it locks, I have to restart it, bad quality on the calls etc. etc.
When I check my radioversion on the phone, it is 5001.0800.76. It that one form the stoneage?? :)
When I downloaded the "latest" version from Toshiba a few minutes ago (I have not installed it) the filenamne is called "TG01WP_5005000176". Is that one even older than the one I have?

I am getting a bit confused... :)
Each radio version is actually different, its not so much revision numbers, more like different radios. 0001 is the standard Orange radio i think, i don't think many people have had much luck with that radio, you need to try 1600, 1700 and 0300, i am sure other Swedish users will be able to give you a nudge in the right direction. Are you still using the original 6.1 rom?

There is no way to change the radio on the 6.1 rom, and no official rom is availabel to change the radio of that rom, so you would have to update to 6.5, you can use Miroms radio changing kitchen or tgt001 to change the radio of your rom before you flash your phone, that way you can try different radios to see which works best for you, but as i say, maybe another Swedish user can point you in the right direction as to which radio will work best for you.

man_1973
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using Windows Mobile 6.5.
I dont think there are so many Users in Sweden on this phone.
I work for Toshiba (not with phones) so that is why I have got a Toshiba phone... We have bought about 30 units, and ALL of them have the same problems!

I think I will try to install the 1600-version on my phone and see what happens.. There are no restrictions on the Phonepoerator or something?

(InsertNameHere)
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1973 View Post
I am using Windows Mobile 6.5.
I dont think there are so many Users in Sweden on this phone.
I work for Toshiba (not with phones) so that is why I have got a Toshiba phone... We have bought about 30 units, and ALL of them have the same problems!

I think I will try to install the 1600-version on my phone and see what happens.. There are no restrictions on the Phonepoerator or something?
No restrictions, you can change radio on a official rom if you like before flashing, it does not effect your devices simlock status.

onell
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i have a problem ... when i connect to wmdc in win 7 with bluetooth it's working ok but when i'm browse de the using pc conection over bluetooth my tg01 become unresponsive about 1 minute and restart it self.... any ideas?
romania

CrashMurdock
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Exclamation OOPS!!! 3G 850!!! Possible to change radio version without reinstalling current ROM?

I've been using the 1600 radio version (5005.1600.05) included in fxdjacentyfxd's WM6.5 ROM. Apparently it's not compatible with my Thai phone company's 3G 850 service as I recently noticed I still only get the Edge icon even when I'm in an area that has 3G service. I've been told that the 1800 radio version includes 3G 850 capabilities, is this correct? I've perused this thread and am confused about installing a different radio version. I don't want to modify and reinstall my existing WM6.5 ROM with a new radio version if at all possible since I have so much other stuff I'd have to manually reinstall.

Thanks in advance for any tips, download links, etc.!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - 16GB, Rooted OEM JB 4.1.2, 64GB C10 mem card, 6500mAh 'fat' battery kit - Wifi no longer connects :^(
Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 (fxdjacentyfxd ROM) & my custom Samsung Note '1' 2500mAh battery mod in Mugen (2600mAh) back cover
HTC 8525/Hermes/TyTN - Custom WM6.0 ROM & 3000mAh Cameron Sino 'fat' battery kit

fxdjacentyfxd
Old
(Last edited by fxdjacentyfxd; 5th May 2012 at 06:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Hi Jim.
I am afraid You will have to flash rom again. I guess only possible way to change so called "radio" would be utilize JTAG junction inside tg01 and modify any portion of flash. It is question to peope having so called "riff box".
BTH. Did You try to force HSDPA in phone settings ? What tg01 "said" when You did it ?

Regards
Jacek

2). HP iPAQ 214 Enterprise.
The Following User Says Thank You to fxdjacentyfxd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrashMurdock
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd View Post
Hi Jim.
I am afraid You will have to flash rom again. I guess only possible way to change so called "radio" would be utilize JTAG junction inside tg01 and modify any portion of flash. It is question to peope having so called "riff box".
Hi Jacek,

OK, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd View Post
BTH. Did You try to force HSDPA in phone settings ? What tg01 "said" when You did it ?
I just changed it to HSDPA from Automatic and it killed my phone service saying "SOS" service only. Changing it back to Automatic restored the connection. I guess this is normal as we don't have 3G service in my small town. Today we're going to Roi Et, the next big town and I'll try it again then. BTW, I sent you a private message a few days about problems with my laptop Li-ion battery pack. Did you get get it?

Cheers!

Jim
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - 16GB, Rooted OEM JB 4.1.2, 64GB C10 mem card, 6500mAh 'fat' battery kit - Wifi no longer connects :^(
Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 (fxdjacentyfxd ROM) & my custom Samsung Note '1' 2500mAh battery mod in Mugen (2600mAh) back cover
HTC 8525/Hermes/TyTN - Custom WM6.0 ROM & 3000mAh Cameron Sino 'fat' battery kit

fxdjacentyfxd
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMurdock View Post
Today we're going to Roi Et, the next big town and I'll try it again then. BTW, I sent you a private message a few days about problems with my laptop Li-ion battery pack. Did you get get it?
Yes, do this test and let me know. What concerns Your private message I checked inbox once again and nothing is from You. Could You send it again ?

Regards
Jacek

2). HP iPAQ 214 Enterprise.