[APP] Private Message Filter v2.5 13-Sep-2010
[Source Code Published at SMSFilter.codeplex.com]
SMSFilter is a new app from me which has been designed keeping in mind all the souls which linger around at XDA to find some way to keep their *Private* messages away from peeping eyes/hands
This app is somewhat similar to my SMSRules but with only one thing in mind... saving the SMS at a place other than the Inbox.
1. True Privacy... filtered messages wont come into inbox at all(even for a second).
2. Password protected app.
5. Works with HD/HD2
How to use: (may change with the versions please read version specific info also)
1. After it has been installed, restart the device
2 Open the app, since it is its first run it will ask you for a password. Set it up
3. (irrelevant for version 2.x)
It will take you to the next screen and in there you can see two separate lists, one is for contacts and other one is for messages, in this list you need to add rules that you want the SMSFilter to test against an arriving message.
4. (irrelevant for version 2.x)
To add a respective rule click that list and keep it pressed to get the context menu, which gives you an option to Add and delete the rules.
5. (irrelevant for version 2.x)
Clicking add will give you a textbox at top where you enter the rule, click OK to add that.
6. (irrelevant for version 2.x)
To delete a rule, select and get the context menu and choose delete... Simple right??
Now what?? let a message come... BEWARE that there wont be ANY notification for a filtered rule. (As a option in v0.2) Trust your instincts and open the app
..according to the settings u may receive a notification, provide password... goto View tab and there you can see the dropdown, choose the contact name and then all the messages from that contact will be displayed there in the other list choose the message and full message will be displayed in the last text box.
To enable/disable notification, enter password and go to Filters tab, click Menu->Notify-> Click Enabled
If the notification is enabled it will show as checked. Default is disabled(Unchecked)
To setup your custom message for notification Menu->Notify-> Change Message
Enter desired message in the displayed text box, default is "You got mail
" and click OK.
1. Please restart your device after install/unistall
2. Rules are CaSe SeNsItIvE
Updates for v0.2
1. Added option to have notification when a message is filtered.
2. You can set a message of your choice too.
Saves me a headache lol
Updates for v0.3
1. Password and messages are now encrypted and stored.
2. Added context option in Filters tab to add rules from a text file
3. Option to reply in View tab(Context menu), the reply wont be stored in sent items
4. VGA display support- Need to confirm
1. Old password and messages are not compatible with this version, there is an extra utility supplied (VersionUpdater.exe), in case you were using the earlier version please run this application first. This you can find in the installation dir
DO NOT RUN THIS EXE MORE THAN ONCE
2. To load rules from a text file, the rules should be separated by newline<enter key>.
3. To reply to a message, select the contact and on message list get the context menu by long pressing the screen and then select reply, the address will be automatically selected
4. After installation please set up the notification and its message again.
This is a major update in terms of GUI, and the credit for the Sense GUI goes to ebolelzner
for his SDK
The below gif should show what i mean by the GUI changes, all the functionality remains same
In terms of installation, in case u already had the previous version, install it over the previous one and messages, filters, password all will remain the same.
For clean \new install simply install it and check the setting configuration panel for your preference.
Updates for V2.1
1. Fixed the keyboard crash(crash when user tries to deploy the sip without choosing the textbox)
2. Fixed the button hiding issue in vga devices.
Updates for v2.2
1. Added new feature to Show latest sms directly without going in to the contacts list.
2. New settings which enables users to directly go to View sms mode whenever a new filtered sms is received
3. Added custom messages option. All the messages that are present in this app can be modified, u just need to change the values in the CustomText.txt file which is present in the installed folder
4. Fixed some bugs and crashes.
5. Reply mode is now working fine for different resolutions.
Updates for v2.3
1. Fixed a bug where app wont store/crash on 160+ char length message.
2. Send SMSes privately to any of your phonebook contact from the app
3. Option to save the sent sms + setting to toggle it.
4. No need to close and reopen the app when new private message arrives, refresh to see the sender and the message.
Updates for v2.4
1. No refresh button... no need for it you will immediately see the update.
if the app is open and you receive a new sms it will popup a message.
2. Reply option on new sms(as suggested by bernabap)
3. Delete all sms option added in menu(appears while in view panels of sent or received sms).
4. Some gui glitches fixed
5. While deleting a sent message it will ask for confirmation.
6. While entering password u can now click enter to login instead of clicking Ok bttn.
7. Opening the app will automatically remove the notification icon.
8. New about window, thanked all the wonderful guys/donors there
Updates for v2.5
added a button at view sms panel where you can export messages from each contact to a separate csv file, both sent and received smses.
With New SenseGUI(V2.0 Onwards)
This app requires .net3.5 if you get error saying new version of framework required plz install this
1. Extract the file and place it in the program folder i.e (/program files/SMSFilter/)
Show your support, DONATE