5,600,483 Members 32,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WM 6.5 ROM Expired. Urgent help needed!

Tip us?

XoyK_Hoyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default WM 6.5 ROM Expired. Urgent help needed!

Hi Guys,

I am in a serious fix ! I downloaded WM 6.5 ROM from this site about 3 months ago & installed it on my HTC Touch Pro. It worked like a charm...until this Morning. It now says " This concludes the beta test of this software release." etc....I can't connect to my phone via USB(activesync), thus I can't reload any Software onto it. I tried to Hard Reset...but the phone just restarts & goes back to this message...Is there any way of getting a ROM installed on this phone ? Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks~

jul644
Old
Thanks Meter 206
do you have an sd card if so have you tryed that method ?
HTC Touch Pro-->HTC Touch Pro 2-->HTC Desire-->HTC Legend-->Acer Luiquid E-->Nexus One-->SE X10-->HTC HD2-->Nexus One-->HTC Hero-->LG Optimus 7-->HTC Incredible S-->HTC Sensation 4G-->Motorola Razor V3-->Nokia 2610-->SE X10-->HTC Wildfire S-->HTC Desire Z-->HTC Incredible S-->HTC Sensation 4G-->HTC Raider-->HTC EVO 3D-->HTC Incredible S-->Xperia Arc-->HTC Amaze-->HTC Evo 3D-->IPhone 4-->HTC Evo 3D-->Xperia Play-->HTC Raider-->Nokia 920-Matte Black
Drop Box Referral, give 500 MB to me and get 500 MB for you ---> http://db.tt/o00MBOW

XoyK_Hoyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Haha, no i don't have an SD card, but i solved my problem. I went to bootlog.. somehow XD. I tried many different methods, but i eventually found one that worked. Then i just Installed a new ROM. Problem solved ^^.

maxl_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem here - would be nice if developers mention that their software expires

will now try to flash new rom too
HTC Touch Pro (Raph100)

jedigurustu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue - I have an Acer neotouch and is now bricked due to expiration of windows. How do I flash another rom or re-load factoy rom? I cannot get my phone to connect to my PC.

mxbouke
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default same problem!

I have the same problem, this night @ 00:00 it expired.
I have very valuable text files in my phone memory, really sucks.
I really need this back for my job.. Has anyone an idea of recovering the data without flashing a new rom?

And if i flash a new rom, i suppose all data @ phone memory will be lost?

Greatings Bouke

AFStealth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have this problem. It seems pretty widespread

Farmer Ted
Old
Thanks Meter 88
That's because it's May 1st everywhere, lol.

This is why you didn't want to flash (or cook) a rom with the beta version of Office 2010. Now, there's a non-time-bombed version available, and you'll need to upgrade to it. A savvy flasher will also always advance the date on a build by a few years immediately after flashing, just to see if there is a time-bomb built in. There's no one to blame but yourself if you didn't do it.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

jedigurustu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thats great Farmer Ted and very smug of you...however we may not all be as experienced as you and are looking for a way to resolve this issue.

btsrinath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ROM expired

Can we please get the steps to over come this error.
Please.....Please.....Please....