Deleted member 704404

Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
I believe this is incorrect.

R1FA016 & R1FB001 X10a firmwares have been released for some regions.

There is a question of which apps can be accessed via the market because of region specifics.

D

Deleted member 704404

Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
Okay so it has been determined from multiple sources (but a very credible one as well) that my original post is correct. There is no 1.0.16 firmware for any X10a phones.... Yet.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6387990&postcount=263

I'm a "very credible" source? SWEET! :p

However, I will admit that I haven't attempted to de-brand my X10, and thus am speaking only from what I have read here on XDA and elsewhere. Firmware .16 may have been released for the X10a in the past few days, but not that I have heard (and I am keeping an eye out for it as that'll help push me to attempt to de-brand).

augie7107 is correct though, in that it seems the generic X10a firmware (R1FA016) isn't authorized with Google yet, and thus some apps won't be available to it via the market where those same apps are available on the Rogers branded firmware.

folexzy

Jan 29, 2009
hello,
sorry i think there is, i lived in netherlands and upgraded my x10 via my phone and am having now precisely hw its been stated on my phone....firmware v....1.6,baseband v....1.0.16,build number....R1FA016 that what am having now.............dont know much about all the stuff but i love my toy
folexzy

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I

rvictorg

Apr 25, 2010
Toronto
Differences so far are more stable timescape, contact pictures don't have to be 8mpx to look clear and battery life is slightly better.

ok sweet, some progress! Can you elaborate on "slightly" better?? lol. It's probably hard to quantify the change, but let's just say...would you recommend this R1FB001 fw solely for the improvements in battery life??

Also, notice any differences regarding the availability of apps in the market? Specifically between R1FA014 and R1FB001 or whatever carrier branded firmware you were using before? Any changes to Mediascape? Playlists or EQ? Will Timescape integrate facebook profile pics with contacts now?

many thanks for "taking the plunge" as it were first

gmarcoux

Aug 28, 2007
Saskatoon,SK
Battery improvement is not Noticeable with the firmware update as much as it is by power cycling after a full charge. (Doubles to triples the battery life.) Media scape seems snappier but playback volume still seems low. As far as the apps I haven't noticed a difference but mind you I'm used to finding missing Alps via torrents. The camera as well seems snappier. Took phenomenal pictures in direct sunlight the other day.

tuxStyle

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Battery improvement is not Noticeable with the firmware update as much as it is by power cycling after a full charge. (Doubles to triples the battery life.) Media scape seems snappier but playback volume still seems low. As far as the apps I haven't noticed a difference but mind you I'm used to finding missing Alps via torrents. The camera as well seems snappier. Took phenomenal pictures in direct sunlight the other day.

Can you upload a full size not edited picture somewhere?

Thanks

yoshemoshe

Jul 17, 2009
I hear that.

Has anyone managed to get an answer out of Rogers tech support on firmware update timelines?? So far most of the reps I've talked don't even believe me that there's new firmware out there for other carriers.

Rogers does not plan to release R1FA016, so I'm not sure where this info is comming from. The have the B branch software in the certification lab but with no date as of yet.