XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DI, Igo and power ratings.

Tip us?

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default DI, Igo and power ratings.

I have and igo with the microusb tip and my DI is headed home soon. I was checking stuff out at the store and I got a long lecture about how power ratings can be different. Clearly verizon sales reps are better than electrical engineers. Anyways so the power ratings on the igo happen to be 4-5w, does anyone know what the ratings on the DI stock charger.

Even better if anyones charged their DI using Igo, how is that working out?

My fuze used to run a little hotter than usual on the igo.
Device: Galaxy S3 | Carrier: VZW 4G | ROM: CM 11 M2 | Kernel: CM | Radio: VRUCML1 | Recovery: TWRP

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox. Sign up using http://db.tt/OGvqdBCp and we both get more space.

fenningenarius
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The HTC charger that comes with the phone is just a little stub that plugs into the wall with a female usb connector on it to accept the micro usb cable that ships with the phone.

It outputs 5v at 1 amp.

Here's a photo of the charger:
(the part that's obscured by the flash says 50-60Hz)

I have an iGo charger as well and was planning to order a tip for this phone. Is it the A97 tip? The iGo site doesn't have the Incredible in their system yet.

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
very nice picture, thanks for the detail. the igo is rated at 5 watts so its perfect for this. and yes i think a97 is micro usb, however there are many micro usb tips and all of them work. easiest way to make sure is just carry your phone when u go get the tip. unfortunately i have left my tip in the car so i cant say for 100% but the packaging reads A138 which is another microusb. on monday i get my phone so i can hook it to the car and verify.
Device: Galaxy S3 | Carrier: VZW 4G | ROM: CM 11 M2 | Kernel: CM | Radio: VRUCML1 | Recovery: TWRP

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox. Sign up using http://db.tt/OGvqdBCp and we both get more space.

fenningenarius
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Has the A138 been working for you? I ended up getting a few A46 tips instead of the micro USB tips because my local Radioshack had them on clearance for about $2.50 a piece. The micro USB tips were $10.

The A46 is a female USB-A connector so it will work for pretty much anything that uses USB, provided you have the proper USB cable to connect it. I got a few 1.5' micro USB cables from monoprice for that part of it.

I haven't used these enough to notice if it's charging significantly faster/slower than the stock charger, but it seems to work fine. I wish iGo would publish the specs for all the tips (amps, volts, etc) instead of just listing compatible devices.

link