Reducing sms marked as read time

Search This thread

airwater9

Mar 19, 2010
How can I reduce the time that it takes to register my SMS messages as read? Some of my messages are a word or two long and in the time it takes me to read them the phone is still displaying them as new messages as I haven't had them open for the length of time required to register them as read. Any ideas?

ProjektFuze

Mar 11, 2009
Lynnwood
<ding> <nudge> <tap on the shoulder>

i'm sure its something that we can play with in the registry... but i rather leave that in more "capable" hands... lol

but as for now.. i haven't seen anything on our forums come up along those lines... although i do admit that i would also be interested in reducing the time as well... all i really need is 1 sec... i dislike having to wait there on the messaging tab, until the notification goes away....

Curb71

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
+1
I'd love something like this. I hate that I get a text that says "yes" and I have to stare at that screen for about 5 seconds for it to be marked as read.

Curb71

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
lets try again. Im sure lots of people know if this is something that takes 2 seconds to change or if it would be tough. :cool:

brettsorby

Dec 29, 2009
most annoying bit is when ya get a few msgs and ya flck thru em that fast that theres always one that stays "unread" and ya have to open all msgs to find it or else hover over all the ones uv just read till the 1 goes away... vote 1 from me to sort this out, it should go as soon as the text has landed on the screen, and same with emails if anyone can sort that one too lol

jamieeeee

Dec 11, 2008
HKLM/Software/Jataayu/Messaging
MSFTUnreadCountFlag = 5
Mine is set to 5 (seconds) changing that to a lower value will work :)

good luck :)