Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some help for making the droid work

Tip us?

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Some help for making the droid work

I have a POLA100 with windows mobile 6.1 (anime rom 2.0 french) and android installed on ext2 partitions on my SD card.

I'm having heavy troubles making all the thing work.
When I install with polymod rom (2.1g) almost everything is working (exept camera for example) event wifi, but I can't install apps with the market because of "not enough space" ... wait a second, each ext2 partition is 1GB ...
When I install with an other rom, I can't have wifi (I don't use any data connection), so it isn't really usefull ...

And I don't want to remove windows mobile, cause windows allows me to use all of the capabilities of the phone (camera ...)

Is there any way to get my android market to work properly ?

Alex-V
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMix3D View Post
I have a POLA100 with windows mobile 6.1 (anime rom 2.0 french) and android installed on ext2 partitions on my SD card.

I'm having heavy troubles making all the thing work.
When I install with polymod rom (2.1g) almost everything is working (exept camera for example) event wifi, but I can't install apps with the market because of "not enough space" ... wait a second, each ext2 partition is 1GB ...
When I install with an other rom, I can't have wifi (I don't use any data connection), so it isn't really usefull ...

And I don't want to remove windows mobile, cause windows allows me to use all of the capabilities of the phone (camera ...)

Is there any way to get my android market to work properly ?
Look here...post 175...this work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...651856&page=18

thanks to SuperJMN

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks

In fact yes, that works I just tried it yepee

But, so the the eclair builds are not working on a pola100 ?

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So, no eclair build on pola100 ?

And for the warm donut, it looks like the camera definition is lower then on WinMo, i.e : with the barcode scanner, it's all blury and the phone can't scan a 2D barcode.

Normal ?

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
New day, new problems.
I don't know why, but since yesteray I have heavy battery bugs.
I.E : the battery is going down very quick within android (50% in 2h) with almost nothing activated (no wifi/BT, no gps, no data connection, no sync and apps killed with task killer), and when I plug a usb cable, it doesn't charge.

Can somebody please help me ?

Alex-V
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4162
Quote:
New day, new problems.
I don't know why, but since yesteray I have heavy battery bugs.
I.E : the battery is going down very quick within android (50% in 2h) with almost nothing activated (no wifi/BT, no gps, no data connection, no sync and apps killed with task killer), and when I plug a usb cable, it doesn't charge.

Can somebody please help me ?
donīt know why...but if i activate wifi...and deactivacte....i can charge

Alex-V
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4162
Quote:
So, no eclair build on pola100 ?

And for the warm donut, it looks like the camera definition is lower then on WinMo, i.e : with the barcode scanner, it's all blury and the phone can't scan a 2D barcode.

Normal ?
if you are in the barcode scanner...please rotate the middle wheel for make it sharper...

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks Alexander for the camera fix

For the battery, I haven't tried your method, but I note it in my mind. I restarded on WinMo, where the wifi was activated, I de-activated it and run haret to reboot on android. Now the battery is charging.
I'll check if it drops down quick again.

I'm looking at the battery info, the average temperature of my battery is 35°C, normal ?

ReMix3D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I think I found the problem : I often run TaskKiller to reduce the charge on the processor, but it kills the battery update service, I just had to except it, now I know when it is charging.

But anyway, it android seems to use more battery then WinMo, normal ?

ReMix3D
Old
(Last edited by ReMix3D; 11th May 2010 at 05:08 PM.) Reason: foud solution myselft
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, me again ! ^^

I was searching on my phone an option to enable auto-completion when writing.
Well, it works, but only for English ... and I'm French.

It seams that I don't have the French dictionary (not bundled in warm donut ?)

Is there a way to installer the French word dictionary on the phone, or must I absolutely use one of the non-free keyboard available on the android market ?

I've also seen that the HTC-IME keyboard looks pretty cool, but there is no version available for our phone, is there ?

[EDIT] I just tried AnySoftKeyboard, with includes a French dictionary, nice ! But for the HTC-IME ?