OP jonmall1441

6th May 2010, 05:18 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Thanks Meter: 12

333 posts
More
Re: HTC Desire Rebooting on its own
Right so the desire hasn't rebooted on me since installing advanced task manager (not that I've noticed anyway). The only thing that happens is that it froze up on me once and I needed to remove the battery for it to reboot... But other than that no other issues so maybe it was atk doing the damage.

Sent from my HTC Desire just for good measure
8th May 2010, 09:40 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta

333 posts
More
right so it was fine but a couple of hours after posting the update it reboot itself and again this morning... seems like its going to have to be a hard reset... any last tips that might help before i so this?

I read the thread that was posted earlier but that seems to be an error with hanging up calls and apn issues. I don't use apn and it does if randomly but thanks for trying to help.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
8th May 2010, 09:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
mine has been rebooting a lot, I've narrowed it down to the thing overheating, phoned HTC and they suggest I get it swapped. Does yours reboot more often when it is warm? eg. gps&wifi on, or when its on charge?
8th May 2010, 10:12 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta

333 posts
More
yea it seems too. even while playing games.

I'll send HTC an email and see is they reccomend I do the same.

8th May 2010, 10:29 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I installed Taskiller last night, then HTC Desire started playing up, the screen froze, I couldn't do anything or even switch off using power button. I ended up taking the battery out to reset it. On firing up it just sorta went into a loop rebooting on reaching the homepage. After a few attempts I manage to get Appremover working, I removed taskiller and phone is now behaving itself again.
Obvious to me what the culprit was.

It was a worrying few moments as the phone is only a week old.
8th May 2010, 10:35 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta

333 posts
More
Quote:

I installed Taskiller last night, then HTC Desire started playing up, the screen froze, I couldn't do anything or even switch off using power button. I ended up taking the battery out to reset it. On firing up it just sorta went into a loop rebooting on reaching the homepage. After a few attempts I manage to get Appremover working, I removed taskiller and phone is now behaving itself again.

Obvious to me what the culprit was.

It was a worrying few moments as the phone is only a week old.

yep Ive stopped using task killers. they seem to be causing phones to misbehave. android's native memory management seems to work well anyways so no need for any kind of task killer/management app.

11th May 2010, 04:42 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta

333 posts
More
Rigjt, so after emailing HTC and them helping me I find that the issue was being caused by a third party app. Took me the best part of 2 hours but I finally found the culprit.

Right so the app causing the problem for me was beautiful silence widgets, which is a shame as they are great widgets (emailed the developer so they might release a fix for it).

The testing process was making a list of all the apps I had installed on the my desire. Then installing a few at a time, I would reboot the phone into safe mode. Which ever app causes it to reboot almost instantly I guess was causing the issue.

Finally my desire seems to be functioning properly. Fingers crossed that I don't jynx it.
-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire
12th May 2010, 02:13 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
mine reboots when using gprs/Wifi everything else its fine

Problem is when it does reboot it gets to the main screen and reboots again unless im quick enough to get to settings and deactivate gprs/Wifi

Uninstalled advanced task killer now have used gprs for a small amount of time since and no reboots so hopefully its fixed
12th May 2010, 05:02 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Mine used to reboot itself while using 3g or WiFi, but the problem seems to have gone (hopefully) after I disabled the Background Data in the sync settings. Looks like it's some application trying to update itself like weather widget or something... Now it's just a process of elimination I guess...
12th May 2010, 05:18 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta

333 posts
More
Quote:

Now it's just a process of elimination I guess...

Good luck and I hope you don't have too many third party apps. It's a pain but its worth it in the end to have your phone working properly.

If you have any task killers I recommend staring with does. They seem to cause a lot of issues on the desire.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire, htc, issue, possiblefix overheating, problem, re-booting, rebooting, replacement
Previous Thread Next Thread