Post Reply

Manila Mail Tab acting weird in 6.5.X

OP Diegis0n

8th May 2010, 12:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 6
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Hey guys

I couldn't find a previous thread about this.

In any 6.5.X build i tested (2311X, 2365X, 2356X), in the Manila Mail Tab:

After setting up an account and syncing it the first time, the preview won't work anymore.

Meaning that "Send/Receive" will show you the "green number" on the top right, but the mail previews are not updated. Can't swype to bring them up either ...
Only changing tabs will "update" it

Never noticed it before myself honestly until a user pointed it out

Anyone who's got an idea?

Grtz!
8th May 2010, 01:31 PM   |  #2  
-Vulture-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Munich
Thanks Meter: 6
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Hi there!

Ive attached a small video to show you the behaviour. This happens with all new mails i receive. Deleting messages works, the mail tab updates itself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Demo0001.zip - [Click for QR Code] (522.9 KB, 44 views)
Last edited by -Vulture-; 8th May 2010 at 01:36 PM.
11th May 2010, 08:47 AM   |  #3  
epapas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 2
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture-

Hi there!

Ive attached a small video to show you the behaviour. This happens with all new mails i receive. Deleting messages works, the mail tab updates itself.

+1 for me guys
11th May 2010, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
-Vulture-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Munich
Thanks Meter: 6
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Im trying Artemis v14 right now, lets see if the bug is there also.

EDIT: Damnit, its there, the same bug.

EDIT2: Just tried the Energy ROM, it works there! Its the same windows build than DsE Black Edition v8, but i think the manila version is different. Its 2.5.20121225 in the Energy ROM...
Last edited by -Vulture-; 11th May 2010 at 04:31 PM.
11th May 2010, 04:45 PM   |  #5  
NRGZ28's Avatar
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Flag XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 10,020
 
10,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture-

Im trying Artemis v14 right now, lets see if the bug is there also.

EDIT: Damnit, its there, the same bug.

EDIT2: Just tried the Energy ROM, it works there! Its the same windows build than DsE Black Edition v8, but i think the manila version is different. Its 2.5.20121225 in the Energy ROM...

Rookies!

What version of Sense is Artemis and the other ROM running ? I doubt this is a windows build issue. It very much seems like a Sense issue.
11th May 2010, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
-Vulture-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Munich
Thanks Meter: 6
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28

Rookies!

What version of Sense is Artemis and the other ROM running ? I doubt this is a windows build issue. It very much seems like a Sense issue.

Go crying about Rookies, hehe!

Yeah, seems to be a sense issue, cause DsE uses 2.5.2012.1412...
11th May 2010, 05:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 6
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Weird thing though NRG

Same Manila with 21903, no such 'bug'

Same Manila with any 6.5.x build, it occurs.
11th May 2010, 05:12 PM   |  #8  
-Vulture-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Munich
Thanks Meter: 6
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegis0n

Weird thing though NRG

Same Manila with 21903, no such 'bug'

Same Manila with any 6.5.x build, it occurs.

Hm maybe some kind of "combination-bug"...only occuring with 6.5.x and sense 1412...
But it works in the Energy ROM as i said.
11th May 2010, 06:30 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 6
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture-

Hm maybe some kind of "combination-bug"...only occuring with 6.5.x and sense 1412...
But it works in the Energy ROM as i said.

Well if it is, it would mean reverting back to an older manila for 6.5.x releases hmm
11th May 2010, 06:49 PM   |  #10  
-Vulture-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Munich
Thanks Meter: 6
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegis0n

Well if it is, it would mean reverting back to an older manila for 6.5.x releases hmm

Well, personally, i would like to see this. Cause the mail functionality is one of the most important things on my device. I know that manila, or sense, is based on many packets for album, music player and mail which are cooked into your ROM right? Maybe you could use an older mail version? If not, i would prefer an older sense version. At least until a new sense is released which fixes this bug. But its your ROM, therefore your decision .
Last edited by -Vulture-; 11th May 2010 at 06:51 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes