How do I get this deal on the Evo?
Like most everyone else here, I want this phone. Currently using a Helio Fin and can't stand it.
On the positive, Sprint is ending all Helio contracts, and is offering a sweet deal.
1. $50 towards any device (on top of all other discounts)
2. No credit check or deposit (because I had monthy service 1+ years)
3. Helio service and this deal ends on May 25.
My question is: Assuming the Evo is released on June 6, how do I get the Evo with this deal?
1. I already called once, and I can't use this deal to pre-order the Evo because "the phone hasn't been released yet."
2. The letter with the deal has a phone number on it. It's Sprint sales.
A few ideas I had, with questions:
1. Get a CDMA(sprint) blackberry from eBay (to use until the Evo is released) and pre-order the phone from BB/RS/etc.
Will those stores honor this deal?
Can their systems do that?
2. Call the number and get the deal, then return the phone within the 30 day limit because of their 30 day "satisfaction guarantee".
Will I get the "new customer" price for the Evo after I return whatever phone I pick first?
Will Sprint even allow this?
3. Use a prepaid phone until the Evo comes out.
Thanks for any insight anyone may have about how to get this deal and still get the Evo.